Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] tnt in main world...
Started by [E] IsTank

Ah ok then, i gues your best option would be doing it manually.
It'd be nice to get a plugin that gives TNT a purpose again. As what, no idea, but as of now it's just a obscure block that doesn't even really look good for decoration.
this manual digging sucks but i dont have much option. yeah something for tnt would be good.
TheBadFox wrote:
It'd be nice to get a plugin that gives TNT a purpose again. As what, no idea, but as of now it's just a obscure block that doesn't even really look good for decoration.

The only thing with that is it does not really need to be used, and thats a whole another plugin that kinda would be useless. I mean, its blocked for a reason, is it not.
It's blocked for several reasons... It's destructive, laggy, and could be exploited to grief. But maybe if the purpose was changed, like it only does damage to mobs like creepers used to? No graphics, no block breaking, no item breaking, hopefully no chance for major lag even if someone were to detonate large quantities all at once... Could be used to kill large groups of mobs easily without netherrack fire traps.
I did not realize it caused lag that much. If that could be eliminated then I dont see why it couldn't be enabled on a per region basis per request of the region owner and then only affect that region. If someone in that region was griefed then it would just be too bad so sad. I understand this would need a new mod but perhaps it could replace some existing mod or the existing mod preventing it could be modified. But... if it is going to cause that much lag then it wouldnt be worth it anyway. Maybe when the new cluster is online the lag might not be as big of a deal.
The lag isnt really with one going off, it's when a lot is going off all at once, unless they've fixed it. For example, I was playing with a home server and world edit, I replaced an entire chunk with tnt and lit it. Could never load that map again because that area had to much going on.

So someone gets on the server, saves up a double chest of tnt and lights the whole shebang, insta-headache.
While I think TnT would be cool for mining, I also feel it has no other purpose, considering the environment Minetown provides.
I support this for obvious reasons.

But as staff I must state that TNT can never be enabled in the main world no matter if it is within a region or not. The consequence of a plugin failing and allowing the TNT to go off where it simply shouldn't be set is too great. Try asking around for help or donate for land clearing.

TNT can be used in the Nether, the End, the up and coming WarWorld, and GuestWorld I believe. Although, I may be wrong about it working in GuestWorld.
I can only imagine the crap storm that comes from the plugin failing and then all of a sudden an unknown lava source pours out into someone elses work.