Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Making glowstone
Started by [E] IsTank

I have seen people mention making glowstone but for the life of me cant find a way to do it. Is this possible and how?
Let me clarify what i was saying... I know the process of making glowstone by harvesting then re-assembling the dust. I was refering to a process of using redstone and soulsand to make it. I have heard people metnion it and read it in some other places but can not find a good explanation of how. Thank you for the videos as well nick. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
Ahhhh, okay. You use a switch or a lever next to the soul sand. You can also run redstone wiring to the soul sand with a switch or lever on the other end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fM4rnGFaWnc
You need an active source of redstone. Once you have that, connect it to the soul sand block and it will turn into a glowstone block. Once you power off the redstone, it will revert back to soul sand.

+ is glowstone

/ is soul sand

_ is redstone(active)

* is redstone(inactive)

+____

/*********

It's hard for me to explain without drawing it out.
I suggest grabbing a lever, redstone, and soulsand/ glowstone, then just start playing around at a test site. You will pick up quickly and be amazed how easy it is.
that video was exactly what I was looking for. Tried it in singleplayer and didnt work so watched the vid again and realizes it uses the falsebook/craftbook mod. I assume the server ryuns those so am gonna head in and try it. thanks for the help everyone!
Worked like a charm. Thanks all!. now have 3 stacks of glowstone. come on 1.2 need to light my cave
Why didnt I know about this? So much gold wasted on glowstone when I could have been doing this instead...
ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS. O_O Wow. We need better documentation of these things