Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Any idea when MT can be upgraded to 1.2? also a few suggestions
Started by [E] SGT Fenix

I hope MT can be upgraded to 1.2 soon i have soo many ideas XP, in addition, perhaps we could add the new roundstone to the spawn unfarmable item shop? o3o
maybe 1 week, still waiting
Ever since Bukkit teamed up with mojang, the new versions have been released at the same time as the new versions of mc, so i hope it wont be very long, the new update IS out though.
1.2 is kinda buggy; I'm surprised it was released this early, actually. For example, there's a gigantic 128-high empty space over the ceiling bedrock of the Nether and mushrooms and mobs spawn up there, which could mean fewer mobs that are actually accessible. It seems like there are some half-finished things, too, with that weird stone and the other textures...

I seriously hope they'll add an alpine biome soon, with enormous mountains that actually look like mountains and take advantage of the height limit...
Yeah, 1.2 is unfinished. But then again, hasn't that always applied to Minecraft? Anyways, don't expect the main server to update to 1.2 as soon as a build is released for 1.2. In fact, based on how long it took for them to release a stable build for 1.1, I'm thinking it will take about 2-3 weeks. Additionally, they are cleaning up the code, so a majority of plugins will need some recoding to adapt to these changes. So the point is just be patient. Also, we will definitely be adding that new stone brick texture to the Admin Store and/or Credit Shop once Minetown is updated to 1.2, but if it gets a crafting recipe then most likely it will be taken out (which will probably come in a weekly developer build soon).

SGT: Bukkit just teamed up with Mojang a few days ago, and they said that the 1.2 release will still be for Bukkit, which means that thechanges made to Bukkit will only be to implement events to correspond to the new things added in 1.2, and to handle the new map format. However, it's speculated that the next release of "Bukkit" won't be Bukkit; it will be the start of the modding API. And yeah, usually Bukkit gets a build out very shortly after a version of Minecraft is released, but for the most part those versions are never stable enough to run on a server like ours.
I hope it doesn't take too long.