Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Can't Grow Wheat/Spawners Inactive?
Started by [E] ComplacentSheep

I'm new to the whole server playing with /commands, but I seem to be slowly getting the hang of it. I've been trying to grow a garden since I set up camp on a peninsula on the mid-west coast. It's been 3 days ( took me an hour + to walk to the edge of the continent) and my seeds haven't done squat. I recently bought a spawner and set it up. Under neither light nor dark conditions it will not produce any mobs.

My question are these: Is there a petition I need to get to grow stuff? Is there a problem with this specifically near the edge? Do i have to be on-line and in the chunk to keep them functioning (tried this, doesn't seem to have an effect)? What do?

On a shameless self bump, I'm in the process of terracing the island/peninsula and setting it up into neat plots of varying altitudes. I plan to soon request a warp (also, how do?) and would like to extend the invite to all comers to help me start a town and maybe more. I'm going to finish terracing the land and start populating the plots but if anyone wants to come build individually or to my theme all are welcome. I'm attempting an eastern/greek pagoda style.
Sheep, you need to be near the crops/spawners for them to grow, if your close to them and theyre not growing its most likely server lag,

with the warp, in where you want the warp type in /pe open hey i want a warp called ( warps name ) right where im standing

ill help you with starting a town since i have nothing to do and even offer up some supplies such as food, and tools
When you do these things, do you leave right after? If so, thats why, someone needs to be in that chunk for stuff to happen, i have a private island, and when stuff is in my furnace, or its growing, and i leave to spawn or a different area, they stop, because it wont load anymore. If everything just kept growing and cooking and what not, Then there would be even more lag. So just chill-lax-imate at ur place, also, place a torch on/next to ur spawner as well.
You dont have to be in the same chunk, but the crops have to be loaded into memory to grow. If I remember right the range is 128 blocks, but I was wrong once so I could be again.
To cope with server lag, it's much less now (128 blocks is the standard minecraft default). You have to be in the same chunk or one of the surrounding chunks of the stuff you want to grow/smelt. This is about 16-32 blocks.

As to spawners, it depends upon the mob, as each mob type has very specific requirements. A pig spawner, for example, requires that there be grass around it for pigs to spawn on, and these grass blocks must have a light level of 9 or above. If you still can't get it to work, you might try getting someone in-game to help you out.
Damn, thats one and a half times Ive been wrong now...
So since I just made a 30x30 farm in my town, I basically have to stand inside it and wait for the stuff to grow? Sounds like a party!
Pretty much. I build all my farms beneath my grinders and home, so that I spend a lot of time there naturally anyways.
This is why ive been trying to get a plot for a farm in a busy town
Just an idea...why not turn slumisland into a large farm city? ^-^ then everyone could help each others crops grow. Just a thought <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>