Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Creeper Issue
Started by [E] hikura

So I've only had this problem here.

The creepers blow you up and you die, Okay.

But after you die your items drop, which the creeper which already blew up and already is gone somehow sends flying and destroys almost all of.

I'm not sure what mod is being used, But it's a bit much to have almost everything destroyed by the creeper and being unable to recover it by running back to where you were.

My suggestion would be to remove that so people can actually run back to where they were and collect their stuff.. If they can find where they died in time.
My suggestion is to wear armor. There's no reason you should die to a single creeper. Wear armor, remain vigilint.
This is a problem that has already been discussed. It is assumed that the items are destroyed due to the lag and the explosion happening (items get lost in the lag I'm guessing? I didn't really understand the assumed reasoning, but I'm doing my best to share what I was told). Diamond tools and such should be able to survive 5 explosions of a single creeper in inventory (minimum) before they disappear, so I've found in single player. As well, there are times that some materials that are supposed to be destroyed (like string) is still present. Also, what slurth said... depending on what you're carrying, it could either save or waste your diamonds/iron.
Agreed, More armor will help but the issues Duns talks about are mostly what I'm referring to.
Unfortunately, I doubt there is a fix and I know they won't do refunds for this. Sorry, hikura. We now have to torch the heck out of everything, and wall ourselves in someplace so we'll be safe. haha.
Hey guys! I actually was digging into some of the bukkit code earlier, and noticed some of the bugfixes that had gone into it-- namely, one for destruction of item drops. For the technical, it was an issue with a shared list of items to be dropped getting overwritten when a player dies to an explosion when it was trying to calculate how much damage to do to each item.

What you need to know is:

• All of your items disappearing when you are destroyed by a creeper, is in fact a bug in the code
  • The bug has been fixed in the source, but a new build has not been made yet
  • Once craftbukkit++ releases a new build, and it's applied to the server, this behavior should go away.
  • Refunds are still not being given out, mostly because doing so fairly would incapacitate our mod team, and it's not *significantly* different from falling into lava.

I believe even Iron Armor will allow you survive a creeper hug (barely), so I suggest wearing a set to help mitigate this issue until we have a new build for the server.
Oh, you guys got updated on the cause. Yay. /<object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object> Thanks for the info, Darth.
You can get refunds for falling in to lava huh? Where's my refunds :(
Thanks a lot Darth, You seem to be one of the most awesome people here xD

Every question I've asked when you've answered you've given the perfect answer.

Hope the problems get sorted out sometime soon.
I didn't say that... and my apologies if I somehow misworded it. We don't give refunds for player deaths that occur as a part of natural game hazards, such as falling into laval, falling off a cliff, dying to mobs, etc., and the point I was trying to make was that while this was due to a server bug, it was not significantly different from the natural game hazards to be considered for refunds. As a general rule, things that a player can prevent are not refundable (warping to a warp that kills you (don't warp to unfamiliar places), natural game hazards, pvp, getting killed by creepers, etc.)