Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Constant Crashes and Lag?
Started by [E] hikura

There have been an abnormally large amount of crashes and lagging out happening recently, Is this happening because of the upgrades that are being done to the servers?

I'm curious to know because it's happening a lot recently, And am hoping it's temporary as I like the server quite a bit. :3

( Just to make it clear this is not a complaint so don't rage at me if you misunderstand my inquiry.)
I was getting the same but since I've changed how much memory I have allocated to my Java its been fine.

What sort of screen comes up on your minecraft when it happens? Are you getting kicked out?
FYI: Java DID update this morning. So... go... do that.
There has been some instability of the server with plugins lately, which is due in a large part to updates that have been applied to the server. These indeed should be temporary as we fix bugs caused by the intense server load and a lack of foresight on some plugin authors' parts.

Client crashes and such are more likely a local issue with your system, in which increasing the memory available to minecraft as DanniDorrito suggested might help. Issues about connection lost are either because your internet went out or the server crashed / was being restarted
if you don't know how to give minecraft more memory... use this: in notepad (pc) type: javaw -Xmx900M -Xms900M -jar "minecraft.exe"

You can replace the 900 with any amount you wish. then save as and name it runminecraft.bat and save it in the same folder as your minecraft.exe, when you want to run Minecraft just use the "runminecraft" file insted of the minecraft.exe.

:fix:

EDIT: the 900M refers to 900 Megabytes
Thanks Darth that was exactly what I was asking about, Good to hear that it's the updates and it's getting there.

I have no client crashes, I should have made it clearer to everyone.

Just seems to lag quite a bit more than usual (For everyone on not just me) And get a disconnection from time to time and sometimes it doesn't show a good signal on the server select screen, and recently it's been down a bit.

I was asking to see if it was linked to the updates being done to the server which Darth confirmed it was.

Looking forwards to the great updates you guys are adding to the game.

Thanks for your replies <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>