Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Minecraft Hoe Enchantments
Started by [E] Aquaphobia

I was talking to my friend, SomeNinja in school and I was thinking about Golden/Wooden/Iron/Diamond Hoe enchantments. See if you like this idea and add some of your ideas if you like!

- Fertilizer- It automatically fertilizes the dirt and the plants will grow faster. The rate depends on the #.

- Water Aspect- The dirt will automatically be wet when it is cultivated. It will be like that until it becomes stepped on

- Harvest- The plants grown in the dirt will come out as more than usual.

- Cultivate- The dirt will stay cultivated even if it is affected by melons and even if stepped on.

See if you like this and add more if you like!

- Aquaphobia aka Justin
That's cool! I'd love the cultivate one, it'd make pumpkin farming SO much easier <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
灰蒙蒙, 里毫克亿调和第亿秒

WOW!!!! I left my traditional on my keyboard settings, LOLOL. Anyways:

Hmm, I like the idea. One problem. Some of those sound kind of cheap, haha. Hoes are only used to turn dirt in farm land at the current time, right? We should give encouragement to harvest with a hoe instead of using water. Here's my take on the enchantments:

Farmer I, II, III, IV - chance to gain an additional wheat. Each chance gives an additional 10%, with the fourth level only giving an additional 5%. So a Farmer IV will have a 35% chance to harvest additional wheats. Up to three wheats may be harvested.

Sower I, II, III - Chance to harvest additional seeds, up to three seeds may be harvested. I is 10%, II is an additional 8%, III is an additional 7% bringing the total to 25% at Sower III.

Level 50 enchant, roughly the same chance to enchant it as a silk touch pickaxe:

Propagator I - Replants a seed automatically while harvesting (does not replant a seed that drops from harvest, but instead just makes a new wheat plant in addition to what you harvested).

Fertilizer I level 50 enchant. You can't have Fertilizer I and Propagator I on the same enchant. Fertilizer I - refreshes the duration of the farm if you walked on it at all (if you didn't know farmland has duration on it, and can take some walking on. This only refreshes it in case you did walk on it, and can only be refreshed if it is farmland with no seed/plant on it).

This is my take (and something mods might like better) on your idea. Tell me what you think?
If you've ever played harvest moon, not sure which ones have them, you will know what I mean.

In harvest moon, you can upgrade hoes and other tools, but with the hoes, you can hold down the button, it will plow lots of land in a row in one use. I would like to see that added if they do make hoes enchant able :3
teh1337haxorz wrote:
If you've ever played harvest moon, not sure which ones have them, you will know what I mean.

In harvest moon, you can upgrade hoes and other tools, but with the hoes, you can hold down the button, it will plow lots of land in a row in one use. I would like to see that added if they do make hoes enchant able :3

Kinda like a Tractor does on Zynga Farmville

( My mom is obsessed o.O )
Just for those who didn't know, as of 1.1 walking on farmland does not affect it, jumping on it will revert it though. Also pumpkins and melons do not need farmland to grow on, they can grow on just plain dirt. This makes your cultivate enchant idea kinda useless.