Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Main Warp Points
Started by [E] hikura

Hi so I recently joined the server and tried to use /warp north which is a pretty common warp location but came to find out it does not exist, So I would like to suggest warps for 4 other key areas which include spawn for example:

Warp North

Warp East

Warp South

Warp West

Each could have it's own town and help bring the entire Minetown community a little bit closer.

Also is it possible to use the map to get co ordinates so you can warp there in game without having to open a petition and ask for help?
there are plenty enough warps all around the world...they number up in the 8000's last i checked...you just need to know where you are going to get to where you want.

use the /warp list # command to go thru pages of warps...they show the coordinates along with the warp name
Yeah I searched the site and found that there was loads of warps which you find under /warp list, but that doesn't help me..

Like you said there's up to 8000 warps.. Nearly all of which are ones I do not need, which causes a problem when all I want is a north warp or a south warp, I have to scroll through thousands of warps with undescriptive names and so on.

See what I mean?
What arbitrary points would we use for North South East West? Also, unless they were at absolute edge of the map there would always be at least 1 direction that is now incorrectly named when relative to where you are standing- If you are standing North of the coordinates we made for /warp north, then that warp would actually bring you South of where you were standing, as would /warp south. If this is both arbitrary and relative, then it won't work any better than the current system of comparing the coordinates of /warp list to where you are currently in-game. I suppose if you were at the center of the map it would come in handy, but the actual warp points would still be arbitrary.

Explain how this wouldn't be :

1) Arbitrary

and

2) Relative to your current location instead of Absolute (thus making sense of the nomenclature)
For example North would be a certain distance North of spawn, Let's say halfway between there and the edge of map in that direction.

So you would still be north of spawn.

You would always know which direction you were because spawn would be the base point.
I like this idea, sometimes I want to visit a particular place on the world map, which I've always just been asking for players near the location to tp me to them the hoof the distance, otherwise I just have to randomly pick warps. Pitty there's no way to develop something to take the warp list's locations and overlay the points on a map.
TheBadFox wrote:
I like this idea, sometimes I want to visit a particular place on the world map, which I've always just been asking for players near the location to tp me to them the hoof the distance, otherwise I just have to randomly pick warps. Pitty there's no way to develop something to take the warp list's locations and overlay the points on a map.

Agreed

But /spawn and 10 speed potions do the trick...
Oh I just love it when somebody new comes along and has all the solutions for our problems!

excited-child.jpeg
Donate 20 dollars and make a pe for these warps....

PROBLEM = SOLVED
Just wait for the new world.

DONE.