Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] F.A.Q. Needed in main bar.
Started by [E] hikura

The site needs an F.A.Q. Frequently Asked Questions tab to the right of donate.

Something easy to find and access and that will help everyone, Especially since the admins work in their own time and people have to wait for their petition to be read rather than talk to someone at that very time.

Which would make having quick answers and a place to read how things work and the answeres to the most important questions explained easily.

If there already is a sort of F.A.Q. Just tucked away somewhere I think it would be helpful to have it as described above as I have had many different questions about the server how it works and a few other things here and there and have been unable to find answers to these common questions.

Asking a question in-world has so far proved futile and unhelpful.

So here I am. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
We have one. The arrow next to donate, it's the first one in that tab.

EDIT: Where it says More and there's an arrow next to more. That tab shows the FAQ as first option.

EDIT 2: I somewhat agree with you. I think the FAQ page needs to be updated, and provide a bit more information. Maybe this information can be as follows:

Question:

Short answer with link to other wiki page.

That might be good to do.
Hm, Where is 'More' I do not see it.

I see the Wiki has a lot of info but I agree with your idea of short links to the wiki page, As Frequently Asked Questions are still ones people will be most commonly wanting to easily find.

=]
Maybe, there could be an extra tab as hikura suggested, called FAQ, that led to the minetown wiki? The wiki is already quite extensive, and can answer almost every single question a newcomer would have. ALSO, after guests complete their application, they could be automatically redirected to the wiki page, where most of their questions would be answered. Just an idea I thought I'd throw out there for you guys to discuss <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>
There is a FAQ page... its the first link under the More tab. As far as the article needing to be updated, the whole point of it being on the wiki is so ANYONE can add to it, if you think something is missing.

I like the idea of the short url's. I'll work on this now. I'll post the list when I get all the ones made I think should be shortened. If you have any ideas, let me know.
OK, so i started making a few of the short URLs, if you want me to add any others, I'd like to hear your ideas.

4mt.me/vote

4mt.me/pe

4mt.me/wiki

4mt.me/format
Good job, Got the hang of the wiki, Was trying to show the use of an F.A.Q. on top bar of any site really.