Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Voting Site
Started by [E] Eunjun

I am unable to vote on the MCTOP100 Minecraft Servers website. link http://www.mctop100.net/mcserver/48-minetown-mining-since-09-2010-

It tells me "Proxy Detected! Remove Proxy. Re-Load this Page and Try Again."

I do not use a proxy, and I have allowed this website as an accepted website in my firewall. I even disabled the firewall, and I still can't vote here. Does anyone else get this problem? I know 25 MTC isn't much, but I haven't been able to vote on this site for a month now... comes to be like 750 mtc I'm missing out on, haha. Don't matter, though. I just want to know if anyone knows a fix for this problem, so I can start getting the MTC that I'm missing out on?
It probably means that you or someone who had your IP in the past was detected as running an open proxy and got the IP blacklisted. You'd have to contact MCTop100 to find out what blacklists they are using and get your IP removed from the blacklist by contacting the owner/manager of the blacklist. Most usually have some sort of appeal process.
I haven't used a proxy since before MC was even created. O.o Okay, I'll contact them then. I don't know why I'd be black listed from that site. All I do is vote maybe once a day or every other day (depending on how busy I am).
It's usually not something that's specific to that site. There are a lot of places that want to ban *all* known proxies, so these proxy blacklists are often shared amongst websites and services. I imagine the website just looked one up and just started blocking anyone on the list.
Contact your ISP. It probably isnt anything you are doing yourself, Try a different DNS maybe
A number of people have this issue. The problem is most likely on the voting server and their iptables or firewall being too broad, maybe a few class A addresses.
Giggle: I live on the on campus housing at my university, so I can't change anything about my internet. If my internet uses a proxy or whatever, I have no control over it. We did get an internet upgrade over winter break, and ever since then I haven't been able to vote on that site. Maybe that is the reason?

Lag: Oh, but a number of people isn't all people. If they have a problem with their site, I'd assume all people would have a hard time voting the same way I do (hard time meaning they can't vote, haha).

Darth: Wow... I loved the *all,* haha. If that is true, I'll be so very sad for missing that 25 mtc... which isn't much, I know, but over the course of a year it adds up...
I have the same issue with that site *shrug*
That website has apparantly blacklisted me with everything i can throw at it, So i have blacklisted the website, I will never be able to beome top voter becuase of this( which does send my incentive down on voting a little) but I refuse to use a website that has proxy issues, or tells me i have to disable my proxy....speacily when I have done everything to allow the website in the first place, including calling my ISP...and Goin g through any more hhops for 25 credits to me just isnt worth talking to someome im probly not going to understand anyway... <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/2639.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":(">:(</object>
I've always had this problem, don't use a proxy, never been able to vote for it.