Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Anyone Play Halo 2 Back in the Day?
Started by [E] Final_7ruth

If you did post any fond memories. I have so many. Nothing beat a game on Lockout, probably the best FPS console map ever created. It really is a shame they had to shut off its service, but I guess that is life. Out with the old, in with the new. This is a thread for remembrance.

RIP Halo 2 2004-2010

halo-2.jpg
- Start a match with a friend in Headlong, each jump into a warthog waiting for team + bomb to board, drive straight into water killing 6 of us. Trololololo

- Taking the man cannon in Ascension and launching rockets on the way up.

- Doing college homework between games since matchmaking setup took like 5 minutes round trip.
my dad still plays the first halo o.o

And he got it from the first year

On his xfire says: Halo 4000HOURS played

he isnt using xfire for 2 years now and still playing like hell LolOLOLOL
jallaf wrote:
Um .. Did halo 2 servers die already

They didn't die as much as they were killed. Xbox Live service for all Xbox 1 games was discontinued April 2010. There's still options like Xbox Connect to play but it just isn't the same.
<3
Gotta be = (singleplayer moment) Surrounded by goddamn Flood, almost no ammunition left, run through them, pick up a fuelrod gun, blam the HELL out of everything behind you, CALM DOWN, and then a door opens and theres frikking more of them and you have no ammunition from going rambo with the fuelrod XD

OR

My special skill, insane longrange sniping....so...satisfying.

(multiplayer moment) Zanzibar...climbing up through the massive fan...oh look, rocket launcher...BLOWS THE HELL out of every warthog in a 100m distance =D
Adam wrote:

(multiplayer moment) Zanzibar...climbing up through the massive fan...oh look, rocket launcher...BLOWS THE HELL out of every warthog in a 100m distance =D

the rocket lock-on was ridiculous. it did come in handy for the rocket/sword glitch though.
Final_7ruth wrote:
Adam wrote:

the rocket lock-on was ridiculous. it did come in handy for the rocket/sword glitch though.

I had no idea of the glitch : o but I'll be honest the rocket lock-on never seemed to be a particular advantage, especially in warthog where J-turns are commonplace =D
I didn't actually OWN the game, we rented it from Blockbuster years back (when Blockbuster was mainstream) Me, my brother, and 3 of his friends had tournaments on multiplayer. If you lost, you had to run on a treadmill on the highest speed for a minute. It was fun times. xD
Natedog85137 wrote:
I didn't actually OWN the game, we rented it from Blockbuster years back (when Blockbuster was mainstream) Me, my brother, and 3 of his friends had tournaments on multiplayer. If you lost, you had to run on a treadmill on the highest speed for a minute. It was fun times. xD

I got my start playing on system link down a card shop by my house. First ever game 1v1 on Waterworks lol Then it was a natural progression to XBL
Adam wrote:
I had no idea of the glitch : o but I'll be honest the rocket lock-on never seemed to be a particular advantage, especially in warthog where J-turns are commonplace =D

The glitch was fun for just messing around to getting to inaccessible places, like the building tops on Headlong.