Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Loot drop plugin
Started by [E] Italy08

I believe this plugin was added to reduce server lag if I am correct. This plugin severely affects the functionality of traps with a water delivery system such as a pig cookers or mob towers. Instead of allowing the loot to pass it keeps going back up the water cause another like item drops.

Making these traps is extremely ineffective now cause you can't have a collection point <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/2639.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":(">:(</object> Any way to fix this without lagging the server up? Are there settings for this plugin that could be adjusted? Extreme possible solution take out the plugin and decrease item despawn timer so the item despawns faster?

agreeing with italy all traps are barly working at all now if any possible way to fix please do!
Yeah i also agree with Italy, all traps are destroyed because you cant have a collection point, and it really bothers me, i would love to get the plugin removed.
Yeah, I also agree with ya and a fix for this would be awesome, but, In my eyes, I think it would difficult to fix it. (I don't really know much about programming) <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/2639.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":(">:(</object>
It's not a plugin as much as it's a wrapper thing, and the feature is a significant lag reducer. I find this complaint interesting though, as my mob traps have increased in production and collection is at least as easy as before.
Really cause mine are the exact opposite lol. Would you mind showing me your traps so I can compare to what I have done? If not what type of traps do you have. Lava, crushing ect. What is your method of collection?

All my traps worked fine before this but since its been a real pain.
along with what italy said we was also doing it when there was almost no players online, so no lag and it still wasnt working well
I have 3 lava blade traps and 1 fall trap, all of which are seeing at minimum normal productions. Then again that isn't a lot, and I would see a more efficient trap possibly having this problem. In any case, the drop-merging is not a plugin, but a function of the customized server itself. I've noticed it making drop parties considerably more interesting (and difficult, but I think that's in a good way), but otherwise really like it for mining, especially when mining along the edge of dangerous areas (don't have to worry about block drops falling into lava or down into ravines, for example).

I believe the clumping range is 3 blocks, for those that are going to try and adjust their traps.
Well currently my trap has 32 spawners. Thats 8 in each bay of the towers first floor. Should be dropping loot like crazy but the volume of mobs keeps the loot with that 3 block limit I guess. My pig cooker has like 60 or so spawners in it as well. Guess I have to find the balance between number of spawners and this 3 block limit.

Kinda sucks that we cant design high volume traps. Kinda takes away from the gameplay IMO
Italy08 wrote:
Kinda takes away from the gameplay IMO

Not being able to break gameplay properly takes away from the gameplay? Sir you just made me laugh aloud in the middle of my government class!

I'm not anti-grinder or anything, don't get me wrong, but grinders themselves break gameplay <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>