Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] OMG my mom is a B*tch

Make sure you deleted your history, or this might happen.
Sometimes, at night, when I'm alone, I like to take off my clothes, rub my body with Vaseline, and pretend to be a slug on the kitchen floor.
still i do that too!
Haha my kind of parenting. Wish more parents would follow this example.

Jallaf sometimes I just worry about you
Horrible parenting in my opinion. Rather than trying to get at the root causes of this behavior, he just cares about punishing it. When kids misbehave like that, there are always underlying causes. Instead with what he's doing he might as well be shooting his own foot. Even if not directed at a person this is still an act of violence and it can be emotionally scarring, not to mention only widening the rift between them further and ensuring that parenting efforts after this are all the more ineffective. It's a downward spiral with no clear end, a total failure in parenting. But eh, you can't really expect an American redneck to use his brain before his gun
Yes I half agree wug, basically what my parent was like. I havent contacted them now for over a month since ive left, I dont want anything to do with them. Some of the tactics used make me laugh now though thinking back. If I didnt do household chores correctly I was not allowed privacy. My mom has OCD and repetitively cleans all day so if it wasn't her cleaning standards my bedroom door would be taken off me. Wasnt fun as my door was right in front of the stairs D: I hated having to get changed >.>

When I think about it now, her unscrewing my door, picking it up and walking off with it. Its pretty funny cause of how mad it was haha.

There do need to be some boundaries and restrictions though, Ive seen kids that do not and now are the ones that are my age have millions of kids living in government paid flats and they dont lift a finger. In some ways I think the way I was treated has made me a stronger and more determined person.
I'm not advocating laissez-faire parenting (letting your kids do anything), that can be just as bad, but i think any disciplinary efforts should have primarily a therapeutic focus, not a punitive one. Trying to understand a behavior should always come before trying punish it. I feel like people nowadays often fixate on the negative aspects of corporal punishment while completely forgetting that non-physical forms of punishment can be far worse. I think a good thing to do before punishing anything is ask yourself "Is this punishment likely to alienate my child?" If yes, you should probably reconsider. Alienation is mostly a one-way road, and parents usually realize its presence when they've already driven way too far.

Maybe it has made you stronger, Danni, but as you agree it's probably not the best way to handle things as you don't want anything to do with them. And I really think these things affect different people differently. Some will get tougher from a stern upbringing, others will break down in a sociopathic course...
I work with emotionally-damaged teenagers in a correctional facility and school. I can agree with you that sheer punishment is not the answer. You need to speak to them, not just shout, if you do that they only get worse.
Dang dude. I wish you didnt have all my spawn eggs <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/2639.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":(">:(</object>

ps; dude in that video has valid points, but he seems like a huge dick and I think that it sounded like he thinks his daughter is the maid...why on god green earth would a 15yr old be responsible for making/pouring their parents Coffey? it sounds like borderline child abuse....the fact that he threatened to put a bullet in her laptop makes me fear for her safety lol
Actually from what was in that video, there was NOTHING in those chores that was remotely unreasonable or diffucult. Sounds like she's just another ungrateful spoiled brat who expects to have everything handed to her in life. Kids who show appreciation for the things that their parents buy them by publicly insulting them for simply expecting them to do a few household chores shouldnt get to keep them. Things like cell phones and computers arent cheap and kids need to realize that unless they buy them themselves, they are a privilege, not a right.

If this kid thinks her life is so hard because of this, shes in for a rude awakening when she has to go out on her own and actually have to do REAL work.