Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Chat Prefixes For Donators
Started by Unknown User

If you donate $100 then you will be able to change your name, and have multiple colors in the name. I'm not sure about prefixes, but I'm pretty sure you can have those as well. (I know you used to be able to, but it may have changed recently IDK <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>)
FYI The current rule is:

$300+ for a prefix

$100+ for two-toned colors in the name

Also I voted (not that it changes anything) for no prefixes. Changing prefixes and colors waste time, occasionally more when the mod ImprovedChat parses the color codes instead of passing them off as a command.

I also believe the prefixes add confusion to new players who are unaware of the staff ranks. Nicknames are also a problem for any player, including staff who must do /rname before a command can be executed, which adds more wasted time to petitions.

I am not a fan of wasting time for cosmetic reasons. Sometimes gameplay (spawner refunds.. isn't the game fun enough without silktouch?)
I don't mind the prefixes so much, but I agree with imthelag about nicknames. All they do is create an annoyance if you are trying to message someone ingame or something.
I dont mind nicknames, I dont use them as I like my ingame name anyway but I know some players had to go with something similar to what they wanted because the name was taken, nicknames are more for those type of players.

I dont like prefixes, it does add confusion to new members and the poor things will be confused enough at the beginning x
DanniDorrito wrote:
I dont like prefixes, it does add confusion to new members and the poor things will be confused enough at the beginning x

But then how will we sort the master builders from the creeper-huggers? :shock2:
Thats easy, just stick everyone in a pit with creeper spawners and disable warps.
Whenever i have a nickname on a server, i only make a custom prefix and then color my name, i wont be like amaryxi and be Anonymous <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>