Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Agharta Market
Started by [E] Pljz

Hey everyone!

The time has come to finish the regen of spawn, and with it, comes the loss of a few builds in spawn. One of these is going to be the market. As it stands, the current market is going to be regenned over, which leads to the player shops signs. Once regenning is complete and the spawn is fixed up, a new market will be added, with the player signs staying around for those who choose not to use the market. For you all, this means;

A. Everyone with a market lot has two weeks to tear down their signs, building, and everything accompanying it, or else it will be removed by staff when we move ahead with the regen.

B. Everyone with a market lot must make a petition to receive their 5000 MTC refund.

Now some of you will most likely be thinking "Oh no, how will I sell my items now?". Fret not, because coming soon to spawn will be a new building where you can get a warp sign to a player shop you create elsewhere in the world. As an example, if I make a shop at /warp north9k, I could spend 5000MTC and get a warp sign in this building to teleport directly there. Please note, these warp signs will be moderated similarly to how the market was before - - If your shop doesnt meet the standards set, the sign will be removed!

That's all for now,

~Management
When I saw this pop up in-game, I thought 'Woah! removing all markets? that is not right?' I am glad I looked at the forum post, because I thought that this would be horrible for the existing stores that are on the server. After reading it I realize that it won't hurt the big box stores at all, but just the local small businesses, and that is in itself not good for the local economy, and good for the global businesses, just like in the real world. I realize that the 'market' itself is not a healthy market and that it is not well kept up by it's owners, but isn't that a responsibility of the staff to shut down those that aren't keeping their shop up? That is the reason that there are supposed to be, 'monthly checkups' of shops? I am probably wrong but this isn't fair to the little guy in the business. Now if there is no one in the market that is taking care of their business I understand, but if there are members that are keeping their market up they should be protected from this far sweeping action of those in power. I know that you guys try to be fair, but don't hurt the small guy that is active in business because of a failed attempt by the rest of the commonwealth.

Ironically stated by a man that has no interest in selling products through a storefront, and probably never will.

Scevah
Sceva, the market is coming back, it is merely relocating. We're going to be giving it a bit more of an open/less cramped feeling and hoping that it brings more little businesses to light, also with the addition of the player shop sign warps it will also allow us to help more of the little mom and pop shops compete against the monopoly players.

Yes, the few weeks that it is down will hurt the smaller shops, but at the same time this, in the end, will look better and bring the market closer to the spawn as we shrink it down to give the players more access to 1.8 regen'd land.

Market lot inspections were done weekly, I know because I did them.

Like I said, we're not getting rid of the market completely, merely taking a little time to relocate it to a new area.
I like this I do have a few questions:

The Warp to player shops not in the market.

1) What will be the requirement's to get one?

2) Will it be expensive to get one?

3) What will be the requirements to keep it?
1) The requirements for a sign at the player shop will be the same as the market lots last I heard, you will have to have so many signs in stock, more buy signs than sell signs (Not sure if that will stick) and what have you.

2) Last i was told it would cost the same as a shop at the market. This could have or may change, again I'm just telling you the last I heard.

3) I'm not certain, but I'm sure it will have to do with keeping your signs stocked etc etc etc