Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] A new banking idea!
Started by [E] Madster

A few people were talking in mumble, and a small idea had come up, Bank for XP. Where you can store your XP, or maybe even sell it. Cuss i know, its hard to stay alive when your always doing stuff, then... you die, and loose 50 xp levels.

This was just an idea. We had thought it was a cool idea, so i decided to pitch it out there.
I think someone else already made a thread about storing xp.

The problem with selling xp is people could buy 40 levels for 10 gold then make a diamond pick enchant it with the levels and then sell it for 50 diamonds
Well the "loose xp when you die" idea was made by the creators of minecraft.

I'm sorry but I don't think this is a good idea.

The pros and cons would be

Pros:

You wouldn't have to worry about dying and losing xp.

Cons:

Enchanted tools would go down in price because people could easily stockpile their Xp and enchant LOTS of tools at once.

This would make the game less boring because people would be less cautious about losing stuf when they die and people would become more reckless.

It would be very hard to implement this into the game and would cause even more lag.

The best way to not lose your xp is to NOT die. It is as simple as that. People lose high levels of xp each day and they just keep on going. It's just something that your going to have to live with.
teh1337haxorz wrote:
Well the "loose xp when you die" idea was made by the creators of minecraft.

I'm sorry but I don't think this is a good idea.

The pros and cons would be

Pros:

You wouldn't have to worry about dying and losing xp.

Cons:

Enchanted tools would go down in price because people could easily stockpile their Xp and enchant LOTS of tools at once.

This would make the game less boring because people would be less cautious about losing stuf when they die and people would become more reckless.

It would be very hard to implement this into the game and would cause even more lag.

The best way to not lose your xp is to NOT die. It is as simple as that. People lose high levels of xp each day and they just keep on going. It's just something that your going to have to live with.

How about you can only store 50xp levels, but lets say you had 20 in ur bank, and 30 on you, you cant get anymore, you reached 50. The max. You can deposit your 30, but cant get anymore on you, cuss technically it would be full. And scratch that selling/buying idea
Also, xp is not proportional to the level above or below it. Each level is harder to attain the one before it. To accumulate 25 levels, store it, repeat the process and then take out 50 xp, would be significantly easier than reaching 50xp manually.

Having said that, perhaps if we could store the units that xp consists of, if you get my drift. For example, level 2 is made up of 8 or so, whereas level to reach 50 from 49 may take 30. So storing 25 xp and then putting another 25 xp on top of that may make the total something like 35.

Understand? I think this would be a good idea, perhaps without the selling option, as that can cause devaluation of enchanted tools.
yeah, again, it was just an idea, it would take a lot of tweaking to get it right.
to be honest, i like the idea of storing xp, as it is annoying if you couldn't compete in a freindly pvp/spleef match just beacause u have 85 xp levels u dont want to lose
spaceagent66 wrote:
to be honest, i like the idea of storing xp, as it is annoying if you couldn't compete in a freindly pvp/spleef match just beacause u have 85 xp levels u dont want to lose

Why don't people stop at level 50 and enchant something? It takes way more work to go from level 50 to 85 than from level 0 to 35.

I don't really like the idea of being able to trade XP, but saving it upon death could be useful. Perhaps that could be a $300 donator perk to compliment the 'keep items upon death (except pvp)' perk.
well, 50 xp and the principle is the same. 85 was just an example. I was just pointing out how anoying it is if u just want a freindly pvp/spleef match but cant beacause u dont wanna lose ur xp
tomcort wrote:
spaceagent66 wrote:

Why don't people stop at level 50 and enchant something? It takes way more work to go from level 50 to 85 than from level 0 to 35.

I don't really like the idea of being able to trade XP, but saving it upon death could be useful. Perhaps that could be a $300 donator perk to compliment the 'keep items upon death (except pvp)' perk.

I could easily see this being a 300$ donator perk. It would take some time to get it set up so you cant get get 20xp levels easily, then start back at 0 and go to 20 again. Cuss like TPrezzle said, it gets harder to get XP as i goes along.