Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Reminder About Helpers/Trial Mods
Started by [E] Dragoness

Let me make this clear to everyone, even the lowest ranking staff has earned their position. They have shown a spark of helpfulness and responsibility, plus activity, beyond other potential candidates. If a Helper or Trial Mod is trying to assist you with something, it is expected that they are treated with as much respect as a full mod, mod+ or admin.

It's fine if you want to calmly make a case of disagreement towards something effecting you, but do not go on a rage and do be willing to understand when a decision is final. Keep in mind that the Trial Mods and Helpers are often in contact with the rest of staff and in fact, many times when they come down hard on someone, it is at the advice of a full mod or above.

We want to Minetown to be a server where people can relax and have fun, not be stressed out by selfish individuals and virtual tantrums. If you're giving staff a bad attitude and not controlling your actions, then we cannot count on you to interact well with the rest of the community and will enforce an appropriate punishment, whether it's an admin or trial mod you're going off on.
totally
Thanks Modern, for sticking up for us. I'm tired of people telling me I'm not a "real staff member" just because I have a "T" in front of my name.
Anyone in the Staff is considered Staff...im tired of people complaining or ignoring the T-mods and Helpers just because they are lower ranked amongst staff...All Staff is Equal in terms of Responsibilities in the Community. higher ranked mods just mean Sawine has built up a higher level of trust to allow those mods to do certain things that are potentially hazardous to the entire server should we mess something up.

Remember that...if I see you disrespecting other staff, i will take it personally. The staff are here to help you all. If you decide to cause issues for our younger staff, I will come down on you. Remember, all the staff were at one point or another...
Here's the thing. In reality, we're all somewhat a "staff." Hear me out. It is the member's responsibility to report things. People breaking the rules, harassing, anything... we need to do this. In a way, we are all still the same, so I see no reason to renounce a "title" given to those who have done so well.

Zionia, something to add: Staff were MEMBERS at one point in time. To disrespect a staff is to disrespect the MT community, in a manner of speaking.
Many thanks to all the Helpers, T-Mods, Mods, Mods+, Admins, etc. They keep the anarchy wolf at bay and make Minetown a uniquely enjoyable online experience.
Exactly Zionia!! I can still remember when you were made Trial Mod <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object> I thought of you as a proper Mod/staff member, just as I think of the current Trail Mods and Helpers as proper staff now! I have to say I think people don't actually recognise Helpers as someone they can look to for, ummm... HELP!! Which is quite obviously wrong!
I have to agree with Zio, but i do treat T-Mods with a little disrespect for one reason: They are becoming a full mod eventually and need to learn how to deal with a bitchy play like myself i don't hate Irethena she's a boss T-mod but i'm a bitch because she's going to have to deal with a player like that eventually for a ban. Just saying i really don't hate any mod's out there. Lawlz...

Now for helper thing i see people constantly post about helping others and i can tell they want something in return i find it to be a stupid rank because people think its so easy to earn it. Like once Soccer become a Helper people constantly did things and expect to be "Returned" for their work. I like the position, but i also find it kinda of a twin to the Mod ranking Helpers have the ability to ban people they shouldn't be a helper they should just become a full mod. I was told by a few friends that the reason he is not a mod is because he's to young and if thats the case then its fully reasonable. But other then that they should just become a mod or assign ban's to a mod. Just say thats my opinion.
Just keep in mind schaefer that you will be in turn treated based upon how you act. If you want to act disrespectfully towards the staff because "they need to learn to deal with people like that," then they will punish you because you "need to learn to deal with punishment like that". There is no reason to ever disrespect staff. Disagree with staff, yes, but even in the face of widely different beliefs, there are respectful ways to go about handling those disagreements. Minetown is a large community, and this server only functions because of the dedication of the moderation team that keeps it sane. They give up their own playtime to be here and help the players.

It might be hard to believe due to the sheer number of petitions that are created (sometimes over 100 per hour), but mods often come onto the server and do nothing except PEs for hours on end. These people put in all the work that makes this server fun and yet they still take all the flak for anything perceived as an issue. Anyone not doing what they can to make the work easier on these guys should be utterly ashamed of themselves.
Well, As far as people doing things to help excepting they will become a helper, The staff arnt as dumb as the people trying tp pull that off think they are.. Its gonna take alot more then just a "hey I helped this guy figure out how to warp" for mods or admins to even look in there direction.....The way I see it, Its the ones that dont say they are helping that eventually desrve it, this sorta implies towards the mod app's also...

but as far as acting or showing a "little" disrespect to be an ass " to T-mods to prepare them...Sorry but i call bullshit on this... becuase as a mod you know damn right well if you acted like an asshole, they would tell you to quite it or your going to be kicked... So I see no reason to show ANY staff new or old any amount of disrespect...

TLDR... Staff is staff no matter what the title...respect all dont think yo ucan pick and choose.