Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Private Channels For Towns
Started by [E] яєvєℓѕ21

I think that it would be a good idea to allow town owners (if they want) to have a private channel just for the people in the town so that everyone in the town can talk to each other about town stuff, without jamming up the global chat. Obviously if this would generate a large amount of lag I would be against this idea but if not then it would be quite convenient (coming from a town owner).

Also can someone tell me when the Local chat channel will be re-added to the server. Thanks
Ye, when is the trade channel going to be re-added as well?

Town channels would be good aswell.
You can use /ch l = Local .. I think in ur town .. But it has a radius.
Ye, the only problem with that is that there is no Local channel anymore. It was also so that you could talk to anyone in your town when they are not in the town or near you, to do announcements or just to talk, so even when/if the Local channel is re-added it wouldn't work the same as a private channel for the town members.
Private chat channels take forever to get, it took me 3 weeks to get one for Valor, and it easnt what I expected either. Once I got sawines attention he made the channel and it was low quality. No cutomization or anything so it was actually hard to read and i didn't get it password protecyed i had asked.

And I think Factions not towns, there are so many towns snd I know that of the only peoplr e that know how to make are the busiest on the server.
Mmm, ye, this is probably taking it a bit far now, but maybe there could be a thread somewhere to request channels, so people can explain exactly what they want their channel to be like.
Thank-you guys for re-adding the trade and local channels!! <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f44d.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":thumb:">:thumb:</object>
I think when a official MCTown has been made it should come with a private chat with password (chosen by MCTown owner) and color (also chosen by MCTown owner)
Ye, maybe the owner gets a choice, although I don't know why they wouldn't want it.
I just wish minecraft had chat windows like most mmos, minecraft chat setup is god awful.