Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Request assistance with white chat?!
Started by [E] SloopJB1

A lot of people have recently got white chat with the 1.1 update. Me included. It is really annoying because I use trade as my main way of advertising SloopShop. Could someone list recommendations to me please? I have tried:

-Re-installing the client.

-Deleting ALL of .minecraft and re-installing it.

-Changing my graphic properties.

Thanks and all help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Jamie.
There currently is no trade or local channels. This is either due to a misconfiguration, change of plugins, or plugin bug. In any case, it's a server-side thing, and not an issue with your client.
sloop are you using a laptop??

if so there is a bug in java and minecraft that give you white chat

i know this as my laptop has white chat but my crappy tower has colour chat
ryanblm wrote:
sloop are you using a laptop??

if so there is a bug in java and minecraft that give you white chat

i know this as my laptop has white chat but my crappy tower has colour chat

I have colored chat on both my tower and laptop... Have you rtied updating Java?
yeah i got the same java version on both computer and laptop
Channels are not working correctly because of bukkit issues

You'll have to wait until it's fixed.

And it's not "white chat", it's regular chat....
White chat sounds racist!
There is a difference between:

A) ALL Text in-game appearing white (1.0.1+ Bug we have seen reported a few times)

B) Chat channel text white, but you can still see color for names, broadcasts, tips, etc.

Scenario B is a problem we are experiencing server side, so things like TradeChat cannot be used right now anyway.

OP: If your problem is actually Scenario A then please clarify and hopefully we can clear up the confusion, and get any incorrect responses edited/deleted if we have assumed the wrong scenario. (Also, I haven't heard of a solution for A yet)
Thanks everyone, I will look at updating Java now, see if that works, thanks <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
Ive got the same darn glitch! The thing is- i dont know why becuase my computer here has it, it has 32 java, my computer at my dads that has 32 java views color normally. I can see colored signs normal too but its just chat.

Lag- Im more scenario A. What do i do?