Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Extremely sad
Started by [E] Italy08

Call it what you will but when mods are breaking the rules and allowing others to do it there is an issue. Its my belief that staff is not above the rules but yet I see some abusing them more then some that have been banned for the same actions. What I find hilarious is some of these mods have banned people for the same actions. Its my opinion that staff should set the example not abuse their powers and get away with it.

Am I wrong here? Wouldn't I be banned for the same actions? Abusing the chat cause the filter is down is just immature on any level but a Mod+

Sorry have seen instances like this several times and just had enough.

Edit: This went on for a little bit before the screenshot just FYI. If banned for this I herby leave all my items and property to thabigdawg.

/me * is not touching this with a 10 foot pole*
Sadly nothing will be done, Reword the title to get the mods/admins attention.

I've seen this happening for over 2 months now and the mods just get away with it. When you have any kind of power most will take advantage knowing nothing will happen
Lucylooselegs wrote:

Dont see why not honestly. What does these kind of actions say to new people that come to the server? Granted most wont care. A few will think its ok and later get banned for it. Not sure that it has happened but could also drive current respectful members away.

The more people that say this isn't right the more likely this will stop. If we all just sit back and say nothing for fear that they take actions against it will just get worse. I love it here and that is why I am posting this. Not trying to start a flame war or anything.

Lets be honest we can go through ban appeals and find perma bans for the same actions. Everyone should have the same rules especially staff because they are the enforcers!
CPTKaufman wrote:
Lucylooselegs wrote:

Dont see why not honestly. What does these kind of actions say to new people that come to the server? Granted most wont care. A few will think its ok and later get banned for it. Not sure that it has happened but could also drive current respectful members away.

The more people that say this isn't right the more likely this will stop. If we all just sit back and say nothing for fear that they take actions against it will just get worse. I love it here and that is why I am posting this. Not trying to start a flame war or anything.

Lets be honest we can go through ban appeals and find perma bans for the same actions. Everyone should have the same rules especially staff because they are the enforcers!

Considering for one moment:

How are you positive that Mods are NOT dealt with?
This wouldn't be happening if the curse/profanity censor is on, but the mods were fixing/updating the chat.
Lucylooselegs wrote:
CPTKaufman wrote:
Lucylooselegs wrote:

Considering for one moment:

How are you positive that Mods are NOT dealt with?

Cause of the length of time similar incidents continually occur.

I don't know how to multi quote but to answer the censor thing. Yes this wouldn't be happening if the censor was up. But figuring out the censor is down then continuing to use foul language is ok why? Have seen more then a few people get kicked today already for this. Not quite sure but might have even been a ban? Wasn;t the same mod though.
Ok First Of All...Have We Banned ANYONE Lately For Abuse Of The Down Plugin? No We Haven't...:/ And We Do Get A Talking for It...
Choco wrote:
Ok First Of All...Have We Banned ANYONE Lately For Abuse Of The Down Plugin? No We Haven't...:/ And We Do Get A Talking for It...

Yea wasn't sure if there was a ban or not for foul language. Anyways Might as well just lock this before it turns into something worse. Just stating how I feel and it does bother me. From our point of view it seems there are two sets of rules. That's all.
Ok, look. I'm the mod+ who said that. Why did I say it? We were testing to see how the plugin that Sayomie setup works. Sayomie was in the mumble channel with me when I did it and he knew it was for testing the plugin. Maplefruit is correct. smallxchocolate is correct as well in saying that, as far as I know, we haven't banned anyone for swearing in chat today, unless iSoccerplayer did it in which case I cannot speak on behalf of him.