Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] MCTown, and Old Towns
Started by [E] Ziminite

I was wondering if I could get some information on making an old town an MCTown one? I recently found out that I need to be the one who marks the areas for plots even in the old towns, but my town was not made after the MCTown came, and I can't figure out how to mark it myself as I can't connect to my town via MCTown commands. Am I doing it wrong, or do I actually need a Mod to come make it MCTown capable?

If that's the case, the town is Waterfront at /warp waterfront. It's a small little village and has signs marking the edges. I'd just like to test out some MCTown stuff in that area, so I'd appreciate any help. Thanks!
Yes, I believe you need to make a pe stating that you want a town made. You can only use the MCTown commands on towns that have been created specifically for MCTowns. I believe that waterfront is currently a protected region, not a town. Hope this helps <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object> And please correct me if I'm wrong <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>

VVAnonymousVV
I appreciate it. I'll attempt it tomorrow, and get back to you. Thanks!
Oooook, so my /pe was originally denied because, as people know, making a town into an MCTown messes up the perms and stuff. So I was fine, but it wasn't closed yet. I thought they might comment on it later or something, until they just randomly decided to go through with it, and made Waterfront an MCTown. Now I'm not sure if anything's broke. I used string and looked around, and it looks like Waterfront was just changed to a territory and that's it, as all of the original perms are still there. I tried to see if I could had a plot for the three people who've recently come in, but when I try to set it as my active town, it says I don't have permission? I'm not the town owner, as Eggonabull (who hasn't been on in over a month) is, but I'm co-owner (or Town Council member, as he called it). I thought I'd be able to edit the town, so now I don't know what to do. Can I get some help?
Did you try: '/town active reset'?
After looking at the wiki, I found active reset worked. Now I have a few more questions. I know that to set a plot, you need to set it in the active district. Is there a way around not have a district there at all? Let's say it was just a piece of land the person wanted in the middle of the territory, and no other houses were around it. Would I have to set that square as a district, THEN a plot? Or is there a way to set it just as the plot?

Also, the previous protections that were in place are still there, but are not considered plots. Do I have to make a /pe stating I want those protections removed, and get my residents to do the same, so I can make their plots myself?

Finally, I know some things like adding players are messed up in the plugin. What exactly is the error? For me, when I try to add them to the town (because it won't let me add them to districts or anything without them being in the town) it says that they are already in a town. Is this just broken or...what am I to do here now?
*bump
*bump againn helppp xD