Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Rollbacks
Started by [E] waddledee18

Hi, I'm waddledee18 and I'm here to discuss whats the purpose of rollbacks. Ok lets start with a question: What's the purpose of rollbacks? Rollbacks are annoying and they make me not to play in minetown anymore because my several hours of hardwork go to waste. Is there any way to prevent Rollbacks?

Sincerly,

waddledee18
First: You made 2 spelling/grammar errors reread your posts. thank you.

Second: Rollbacks make sure that anything that may corrupt Minetown i would assume. Be happy that minetown is still playable and safe thanks to Sawnie and Sayomie's quick thinking. 7 Hours of work don't you think thats a little exaggerated? Just redo it and time will probably fly by.
I played for 7 hours straight (yes i play alot) and thanks for correcting my grammar
Well then just post a refund request and admin or mod will surely help you. Rollback seriously do suck, but it is a way to keep Minetown rolling
i lost a bunch of items
QUOTE FROM SAWINE:

"There is a refund thread here: http://minetown.net/forum/m/672632/viewthread/2056809-roll-back-jan-19-refunds-post/page/3#last

Why it's happening ? The exact root cause is because some people are bad at programming and they make mistakes...that turn into disasters.

If you think anyone in the staff is happy about those rollbacks... not at all. We are fully aware people lose the time they invested and it gives a bad image of our server. It annoys us extremely. But sadly there is not much we can do against those issues. When rollbacks occurs, it's because the map is so screwed up that we need to come back to a previous backup to fix the damage. This time the damage was caused by NoLagg and GlowHat. Some parts of the map burned and other chunks got corrupted or deleted... and it happened 2 hours before the last backup... so we had to use the one before it.

There is currently no recommended build of bukkit. Bukkit which is the server "software" we are running onto which allow us to use the plugins we use and to customize the server the way it is customized. Everytime Minecraft updates, Bukkit has to update... and all the times it happens... it's headaches over headaches.... Most of the plugins we run also need to be updated to match the bukkit changes... which result in even more possibilities of problems. We are currently running the latest development build of bukkit (the only way to run on 1.1) and those dev builds have flaws..and so does the plugins after a recent update...

I'm sorry. I'm not happy at all when those events occur... We have to listen to 48hours of moaning, raging and insults... We do our best to avoid them... but what can I say... if Minecraft wasn't so badly written at first... so many things would be avoided... but since it's not.. we have to deal with it.

Usually we don't get 3 rollbacks in a row... this is the first time it is that worse...

NoLagg and Glowstone will be removed from the server until bukkit release a stable version for them to update to.

The amount of backups also been increased to prevent future issues.

We are also doing refunds, what we don't usually do because it involves a lot of work for the staff.

...This is the most we can do...

I apologize again for everyone reading this... some stuff is just out of our control and we do our best to avoid those kind of things. We understand and also feel the frustration.

See you."

^
i understand but I have another question why is it that when i warp to my places theres a hole in the ground and it seems that i'm jumping on thin air and im not falling down so i disconnect and reconnect to make the hole disapear. Is this because of some Lag.
There is a REFUND thread for this.

And you know what? I linked it in my LAST post. Please. PLEASE read stuff. >.>

http://www.minetown.net/forum/page/1/m/672632/viewthread/2056809-roll-back-jan-19-refunds-post