Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Efficiency V + Fortune III Diamond Pickaxe stolen by Smoove18008
Started by [E] Palonti

Hello mods/admins.

Today (01/15), I had just enchanted my Diamond Pickaxe (level 50 enchant, Fortune III Eff V), and "sold" it to a player named Smoove18008. I auctioned the pickaxe, in which Smoove had got the pickaxe with 70 diamonds. Before the trade, I insisted that he gives the diamonds first. After a bit of arguing, I decided I'd hand over the pickaxe to him, in hope he'd fairly pay the diamonds. He didn't. He said "here you go" and warped away, without paying a single diamond. I was furious at him, and gave him a message saying "You little stealing **** *****" (due to the filters, this turned to Chocolate Cookie). I accidentally typed it to trade, which was my focused channel, instead of local.

The "trade" happened somewhere around 16:00-16:30 EST.

After the theft, Smoove18008 was selling my diamond pickaxe for 40 diamonds (which later turned to 750 of something). I said that was not right of him to do that. I said to him that I was taking screenshots, in case I needed them (at this time, I was hoping he would give the pickaxe back, and that things could be resolved). I then announced that the diamond pickaxe was stolen on trade channel, and that people should not buy it from him. I typed in /me is AFK (I was heading to the forums to post about what Smoove has done.)

In my opinion, since Smoove is most likely a new player who has committed an offence like such, I would prefer to see the player perma-banned for his actions. I do realise I've made a few mistakes, before and after the theft (seller before buyer transaction, 'rage-quit' quality messaging), and I do apologise if I have said anything that's just stupid in the minds of others (particularly the chocolate cookie rage. It was an accident and I did apologise in-game).

Pictures attached to show chat (I have circled relevant messages).
did you ever get the initial 70dia from him?

as for him reselling, he can do whatever he wants with it once he owns it, but if he never paid you this is bannable.
@Zionia Smoove did not give me any of the diamonds that I asked for. He warped away after saying "Here you go". I did check the area (/warp hstown) to see if he dropped anything, and found nothing.
Palonti wrote:
I decided I'd hand over the pickaxe to him, in hope he'd fairly pay the diamonds. He didn't. He said "here you go" and warped away, without paying a single diamond.
righty oh! Will deal with this when I can return to the game for you.
I'd also like to mention that earlier yesterday, smoove attempted to 'buy' a pig spawner off me for 1200mtc, demanding i hand over the spawner first. I checked his balance and he repeteadly said he had enough, despite having <100 credits.

Sorry wanted to add my own experience to the list, should it help.

No, no screenshots <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/2639.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":(">:(</object>
Most likely a new player who hasn't read the rules yet. I thought everyone reads the rules <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>
As quoted by Darwin, rules are there to be broken.

At which point you realise the consequences of said rule breaking

BAN HIS ASS!

=3
Smoove was also denied to buy a spawner a different time,

and spent around an hour begging for free stuff.

I don't think he understands the concept of paying.

Apologies for the lack of screenshots.
Sequel_Sentry wrote:
Smoove was also denied to buy a spawner a different time,

and spent around an hour begging for free stuff.

I don't think he understands the concept of paying.

Apologies for the lack of screenshots.

indeed, i think the spawner deny was me <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object> approx afternoon EST, evening GMT
I have had problems with Smoove as well I made a /pe about him constantly bugging me about a job at /warp SloopShop he promised to pay for the job and never did. He also asked to have a shop made for him I sold him a lot and he refused to pay so I deleted his permissions.

I think he has had enough chances and should be banned as he is fraudulent member of the community!

By the way Adz, I want a spawner lol (and I have enough credits!) <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>

The job I spoke of earlier wasn't actually available, he just kept asking for a job.