Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] How?
Started by [E] Landro

Hello!

Today I found my faction's netherwarts to be missing. Apparently someone broke into the fully cprivated (on all 6 sides) box and ran off with all warts.

11ukgo3.png

Yes, I know it's in the nether and that the nether is lawless. Therefor, I don't expect to see those warts back.

However, I'd like to know how somebody managed to break 4 cprivated signs.

At first I thought a moderator abused his/her powers to break the signs and steal the warts.

I got heiwashin to hawkeye the situation.

He assured me that it was not a staff-member, but refused to give me the name of the person who did. He's not obliged to give me the name anyway.

I expect at least one person to comment on this as: Whatever! You're not allowed to have protections in the Nether anyway.

This is true. But I didn't have any protection. I merely had a defense system which is not flawless.

The only way a non-staff-member could (or should) be able to get in is by buying a ghast egg at the credit shop and make the ghast break the glass.

But if you look at the picture, that doesn't seem like ghast damage at all. A 1x2 shape has been cut out of the wall, granting access to the farm.

Anyhow, the only thing I'm trying to achieve with this thread is an answer on the following:

If it wasn't a staff-member, if it wasn't a well-aimed ghast attack, then HOW did someone manage to break in?
Due to the fact that netherwarts can only grow in the nether, there should be a ban. There have been many cases where I've seen bans because someone stole from netherwart farms. Your case shouldn't be any different.
dunsjohn wrote:
Due to the fact that netherwarts can only grow in the nether, there should be a ban. There have been many cases where I've seen bans because someone stole from netherwart farms. Your case shouldn't be any different.

Those bans were before the lawless nether was decided on. Sadly.
Oh, I didn't know that it was decided as lawless. I took some time off for finals, last quarter, so it was decided mid december I guess? Is there a safe way to grow netherwarts?
The Nether's completely lawless. I knew I risked losing my warts when I built the farm there, so I'm not claiming them back or asking for someone to be banned.

I just wonder how a non-staff-member managed to break into it.

I had other occasions when people managed to break cprivated signs and furnaces at my bases in the end.

I just don't get how they do it.
I realized, did this happen before or after the rollback? After the rollback, I had to redo all my chest /cprivate because they all disappeared (luckily nothing was stolen).
dunsjohn wrote:
I realized, did this happen before or after the rollback? After the rollback, I had to redo all my chest /cprivate because they all disappeared (luckily nothing was stolen).

/me starts up Minecraft to check his house
Happy, so you know my area still had some chunk errors even after the roll back (luckily only part of my house was destroyed, and easily repaired).
I'm pretty sure the cprivate was still on, since I tried re-cprivating the other signs. It said that I had already registered these signs.
This is definitely weird.