Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] To all players: A 100% fool proof way to not getting banned.
Started by [E] pink_wet_cat

You will never get banned from Minetown if you follow these tips:

- Tip 1: If it isn't yours, don't take it.

Even if it seems harmless, imagine if they were your items and somebody took them. You wouldn't like it very much, would you? I see ban appeals way too often pertaining to stolen items and the person who was banned didn't realize how serious his/her action was until it was too late. Again, if it isn't yours, leave it alone.

- Tip 2: If it isn't yours, don't grief it.

Simple. I separated this from Tip 1 because both taking of items and destroying of houses need their own recognition. Not only do you need to leave their items alone, but houses, structures, etc. need to be left alone. There ARE exceptions for places like The End and Guest World, but DO NOT hack to get into people's privated chests.

- Tip 3: If somebody else is stealing YOUR items or griefing YOUR house/structure...

Do not argue with them, or curse at them. You're only setting yourself up to get banned and you'll probably get banned quicker than them. The smartest thing you can do is let people know publicly who is griefing/stealing (don't spam) and get in touch with an Administrator or Mod by private messaging them (don't spam) as soon as you can and by using the petition system. If you don't know how to create a petition, read this. They will kindly refund you for any items lost.

- Tip 4: Do not glitch/hack.

The Mods and Admins log anything and everything that goes on in the server and they can see if you are exploiting a bug/glitching/hacking. Don't think for a second that you can get away with it, no matter how small it might seem to you. Many people have fallen victim to this.

- Tip 5: Do not spam.

Spamming is an easy way to get banned. It is also one of the most common reasons why players get banned. It's also one of the most annoying things you can do.

- Tip 6: If a player picks a fight with you...

Don't say a word. You'll quickly realize that both of you will be banned if you keep fighting. One thing leads to another and a simple disagreement can quickly turn into chaos.

- Tip 7: BE POLITE.

Staying calm and collected to players, Administrators, and Mods will give you the best outcomes. Nobody likes it when you're rushing them to do something or panicking. Be patient, there are other players that need help too.

- Tip 8: No advertising other servers!

This is MineTown, where you go to play MineTown. This isn't where you go to advertise you or someone else' server. This is Sawine's server and I think he'd like it if people played on this server because they want to stay here, not to be bombarded with other advertisements to other servers. If you want to advertise your server, don't do it here. You'll be quickly banned.

- Tip 9 (Suggested by Zionia): Don't try to piss off the mods.

Mild trolling is one thing, but trolling a mod is unacceptable. If you're intentionally trying to piss off a mod, the ban hammer will swoop in from the void.

- Extra Tips:

- If you see something, say something.

If you witness a player doing something suspicious, or if you notice something that shouldn't be there (for example, finding gold in a shop chest) notify a Mod or Admin right away.

- If you think you may have done something you shouldn't have...

Honesty is the best policy. Mods and Admins will respect you more when you let them know if you may have done something you shouldn't have. This makes the server that much more convenient for them so do not hesitate to tell them if you think you have done something wrong. The more time you waste not letting them know, the more suspicious it'll look for you. But before you end up doing something wrong, make sure you think before you do it!

- If a Mod or Admin asks you to do something, do it.

JUST DO IT.

- Additional Notes:

I made this in hopes that it may help some players avoid getting banned for careless decisions. I realize this may come off as obvious to most of you, but to some players, this may prove useful to them in the future. A lot of decent players have been banned for careless decisions since I've been here.

No offense but we already have a rules section in the forums, wich i think should be enough. But lets hope this at least helps one or 2 guests or members to not get banned <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
Most people don't read the rules, think of it like this.

MineTown rules are like the bible, nobody reads it but everyone accepts it~

The few that do end up staying on the server for a looooong time <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>
Yeah I know but I did it anyway <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object> If it doesn't help, oh well, but if it does then it's helpful in some way. Like I said in the thread, this may seem useless to most players. There were just a few details I wanted to specify because it doesn't seem like the rules get through to some players.

And lets not turn the thread into a religious debate. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
Danny wrote:
Most people don't read the rules, think of it like this.

MineTown rules are like the bible, nobody reads it but everyone accepts it~

The few that do end up staying on the server for a looooong time <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>

I read the rules- lol
you forgot one...

Dont try to piss off the mods
I would have said for all of them DONT BE A DUMBASS! Common Sense is the number one way to not get banned. Just think before you act. Just that simple.
agreed cat, if you wanna stay on the server, have common sense
Another thing

I have seen multiple appeals with a newbie claiming that...

"my old server gave out free stuff"

When they stole

I think another point is to

FORGET ALL PAST SERVER EXPERIENCES

MINETOWN is different to many servers and guests need to know this...
Wow very descriptive.

Is this stickied?

I see people getting banned almost daily, I think this should be a perma-thread <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>

+1