Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Should players who are banned get a second chance?
Started by [E] inthepastxx

I believe they shouldn't, I've been going through a lot of ban appeals and to no surprise most of these players still act out in game, which makes for the experience a bad one while they are on.

As well I've noticed several people who are either a temp ban or who have been added back to the server; they're pretty rude not going to name the people, but the last one I read I'm blown away that the person who banned him didn't make his time longer or even a permaban.

What does everyone else think? Leave a comment below <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
Usually, if someone is unbanned, DanniDorrito gives them 10 hours of jail time, in top of the ban. Once the jail is fixed, Ill probably start doing this too.
yeah, normally (i think) they get a second/third chance (depending on the severity) and jail time on top
I believe they should get a second chance as long as they pay back or repair because they will learn to take Minetown seriously instead of not being able to play anymore. Of course jail time but not just perma on their first offense IMO
I think it depends on the level of their transgression. I read all the ban appeals too and I often agree on giving certain players second chances.

Sometimes the actions are bad enough that I can't see letting that person back in though. Such as the case of item duplicating at Mons Mall and Mercenary regions. The players involved knew the rules, were active members of the community, and still decided to do something they knew was wrong. It's on the same level as lava griefing somebody's house. Knowingly and purposefully being a bad person doesn't grant a person second chances.
Yes and no. Staff is currently discussing making the rules more clear, so that they can be better enforced. However, the appeal process exists because sometimes a permanent ban is unnecessary or excessive. Sometimes enacting a ban is the correct path, but a person does deserve a second chance. Staff tries to be fair with bans and enforce punishments appropriate to the offense. I do agree that people need to learn some manners and respect though, regardless of how a person has "contributed" to Minetown, there is no excuse for having a tantrum like a toddler.
A person can do any offense, but I think it's more on how you present yourself. If you throw a fit and whine and won't even bother to type in a grammatically correct manner, I just don't see any chance of you really getting any more than a "possible" second chance. Of course, if you decided to be professional with your explanation, apologize where needed, serve your time, and fix anything that you broke or took when you get back in, hey, I'd play with that guy any day.
Same here zimi <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>
depends on offense.

most times we ban it is because they are not online to explain the situation or it was a misunderstanding. simple fixes are given a second chance

huge grievances however are not given a second chance.
I agree with Isoccer. If someone is willing to spend 10 hours in jail, they are most likely dedicated enough to stay on the server. I don't know of anyone that would serve that long and then intentionally break the rules. However, there are some offenses that deserve perma-ban.