Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] no
Started by [E] r000t

And here I thought '<object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>' as a suffix was the universal symbol for "Do not take the preceeding clause seriously"

And quoting south park isn't spam.
In short, I said "Fuck fuckity fuck fuck" which of course will come out as "ChocolateChocolatey ChocolateChocolateChocolate".

Kick. (Spamming)

<r000t> highly rude imo

Kick (Spamming is rude0

<r000t> no u

Kick (Can't even remember)

<r000t> <something> but I CAN launch a pretty mean DDoS attack <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>

B&

I didn't mean it in a threatening way, but I see how it could be interpretd that way. As I said before I don't waste bots on chat, voice, or gaming servers. I'm not some skid that packets everything that does not go his way. I uncork the good stuff for protest.
Here is my POV From what happened:

r000t, you were spamming chat, so I kicked you. Kicking being the quickest/most effective warning to people because you get a screen to the face saying what you did. You log back online and claim kicking is rude, so t re-iterate my point, in hopes you will stop the spamming, I do one more kick letting you know that spamming is rude. Yes. I could have stopped it and not done anything else but I did the second kick.

Kicks, are not permanent. They cause no damage, and are nothing more then just a 'look, this is what you're doing wrong. You have our attention, stop it.'

So you log back in a third time and call me rude. That brings up another issue entirely. And again, you and I both could have stopped at this point, but you chose to log in and antagonize further, as I also chose to kick a third time because you... in my defense... were being a little on the rude side yourself at that point.

You have to bare in mind not only are we having to take care of each single-member issue that pops up, but the entire server as a whole, and if one person starts doing stuff like this over chat, then everybody else will quickly fall in line if nothing is done. And once mire, I was merely kicking you. However, in my third kick I did threaten a ban.

My wording could have been different, in hindsight, more professional, but at the time from what I could see, you obviously weren't getting the point. Most people who are kicked for spamming simply log back on, apologize, or ignore that it even happened. You just continued to go and go. Honestly, how was I supposed to know you wouldn't just start spamming all the time?

However, after that you came back online and threatened a DDOS attack. I don't care how many <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object> you stick on that sort of thing... we cannot afford to take threats lightly. Especially threats like this. DDOS on a server like ours is not just a light joke. It's something that... as far as I know... we take very seriously.

That is when Heiwashin, who was also watching all of this going on (And several other mods were observing the chat as well at the time) stepped in and banned you for your threat. Yes, his reason was short and didn't explain what you did, but I'm explaining it now.

And in this post I'm simply explaining exactly what happened from my POV and why I kicked you. I am letting Heiwashin handle your actual ban as I was not the one who banned you.

In short, yes... I do wish now I would have stopped this in the beginning and not let it go this far, however... at the first sense of being threatened, you pull out 'DDOS attack'? How exactly are we to know you aren't just going to yank that out every time you don't get your way, or something you want? You can't just threaten a server if things don't go your way.

So say this didn't happened last night... who's to say a few weeks from now something happens and you get the short end of the stick... would this have been your first jump-threat then? It worries me that you pull it out almost at once. Do you understand what I'm saying here? It just over-all worries me even though you were joking.
r000t, stop acting like you're an innocent person. Several staff members saw you seriously (no indication of joking) threaten to DDoS the server if you got banned, after ignoring the point of the kicks. And you are quite confused, when you are spamming members, it is not rude to be kicked. If you did not like the rules of Minetown, then you should have disconnected and moved along on your own.
Agreed! I was In Mumble and In Game When This Was Happening...As The Kicking is a Warning...A Warning Is To Warn you That Whatever You did was wrong...Spamming Curse Words in chat is Kickable..And You Decided To Come Back on And Start up again Instead Of Saying Sorry...She Mentioned "Don't make Me Use The Hammer" And You Came Right back on and mentioned that if she used the hammer then you would DDoS the server...I'm sorry As I don't remember any Smileys or "lol's" But clearly DDoSing this server or Even mentioning DDoSing the server is as bad as sayimg BOMB in an airport...So..If You Do Not Get Unbanned...You Should've thought before threatening the server...So Hope You have fun on Someone Else's Server in which they appreciate threats to their server...<object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
Threatening the server = perma ban.
Not too long ago when we started whitelisting members, we got a flood of people like this that spend their time wasting ours as if they were paid for. At that point we inacted a rule that whitelisted members don't have an explicit right to ban appeals. With that in mind, and the fact that everyone online agrees that you clearly deserved a perma, that's what it is and this is locked. If you want to send me messages attempting to explain why the way you were acting was anything short of being a pointless obvious troll, the likes of which is not welcome here, and why your threat was simply a joke or otherwise cute, let me know. But honestly, after reviewing your application and seeing your prideful section about making a spam bot, you can pretty much get out of here.