Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Espero
Started by [E] jpkoushel

I am finally reopening my ancient city and the faction of Espero, the oldest surviving faction in the server. Please just post to join! Lots are free, I just want people that can have a good time, build great things, and participate in running a faction.

jpkoushel

Governor of Espero I

Mayor of Espero City III

Hello.

Espero has a long history in the server of Minetown. Founded in late November of 2010 by a

single wanderer, it grew to become what was at one point the largest player-made city and a

faction that was so grand it is the largest faction that has ever existed in Minetown, once

numbering up to 60 active members.

I am the founder of this faction, and was the first mayor of Espero City and the Governor of

the faction. I was there when we created the first known coalition of factions in Minetown, the

Okteron, which was an alliance of Espero, the Oktavarian Alliance, and the A-Team. The

Okteron numbered about 30 members at its prime, which was massive for the day. However,

Espero had about 24 of these, and eventually scandal ended the A-Team and the Oktavarian

Alliance mysteriously vanished into seclusion, never to be seen again. The Okteron National

Headquarters building is still visible in Espero City, under the name of the Creeper Hotel.

I was also there when Espero helped found the second known coalition of factions, the

Millennium Alliance, or the MA. The MA was a great leap forward in faction relations and

helped forge relationships that are helping Espero to this day. However, disagreements

eventually arose and one of the members of the MA was ejected, and the name was eventually

switched to the Confederate Republic of Factions, an organization that would have been ideal

for the world of Minetown if other events did not crush it.

I was gone for a period of several months, and during this time the new leadership of Espero

failed, Valor fell beside us, Honor disappeared, and only Frost was able to thrive in this hard

times, probably in part because of their long history of fighting hard to live.

Now, let our old friends rise, let us fill our ranks with the new, the young, the strong, the

willing, the hopeful.
"oldest surviving faction"

I don't think "died out and resurrected" counts as surviving
It's good enough Oki and wb espero/jpk.

And jpk ,valor is back to and frost... It never prospered lol.
I am looking forward to a strong comeback from the CRF, jthm!
I'm Ziminite, amateur member of Minetown actively playing since Mid-December. This being the case, I have never experienced, nor learned any history of Minetown in its early days. This faction of yours was around from the beginning of factions, yes? To see your structures and way of operation, these being the same as before I'd assume, would really help me to truly feel how Minetown and factions got their start, and would be more than willing to join if you're willing to accept such a novice player. My only multiplayer experience has been since the day I started Minetown, but I can build whatever's on my mind, and am actually working on a secret project at the moment. As soon as I finish, I'd be able to help out Espero in any way I can. If you'd rather have someone more experienced, I wish you luck on your journey to revived greatness.
But how could I turn away such a scholar of Minetown lore! I will compile a history of Minetown (from Espero's viewpoint) for you; You and Espero are both from December, just a year apart!
Hey I am part of Valor but we are low on lots can still get a lot
Jpk, join virtus.enjin.com well register you as an ambassador, as you can see valor gas gotten a little more organized. Also I think pomp wants to try and restart CRF!

Im looking forward to collaborating closely with espero again!
I'll give lots in Espero City to any member of Espero or the CRF!
First off, thank you for considering me, and I appreciate the history lesson you'll have in store! In the meantime, what's your in-game name? I'd love to get started as soon as possible with Espero's revival. Just tell me when and where you'll need me!