Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] This is becoming a serious issue
Started by [E] pyrefangs

ok.... thats not what this thread is about.
I mean, if "You may not post in other's ban appeals if you are not involved in them..." is actually in the rules itself. It may reduce the amount of people, that are irrelevant to the ban, posting. Sorry if I didn't clarify.
Its extremely annoying when we're trying to sort out ban appeals and loads of players spam the thread with arguments.

You may not see this as a good investment of time but we have tried being polite and deleting their comments and telling them to stop. That obviously hasnt worked so now we do have to take this further.

Its still part of our rules at the end of the day and it needs to be enforces just as much as all the other rules.

If I ever had to make a ban appeal I wouldnt like players commenting with pointless opinions and arguments, mods and admins are capable of dealing with appeals and telling who is being truthful and who is lying. Its hard for us to do our job if people come on arguing <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/2639.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":(">:(</object>
Is it really that hard not to pay attention to the rules that A: The Owner, B: The Staff have posted? The rules say don't do it, then don't do it! Honestly... it's not that difficult to understand.

Where I agree yes, some people are trying to help, it's really not their place to post that. The bottom line issue here? Example:

Member A posts a ban appeal.

Member B posts next telling Member A what to do, or what will be done, or instruction, or any comment.

Member A takes Member B's response as what will exactly happen.

Staff Member posts telling Member A something that might contradict what Member B already told them.

Member A is now mad because they've been told two things and they want to believe the first post.

/end example

Yes, it's common sense to take the Staff's word over another member... however this does happen. To restrict the posting from other people in ban appeals, we reduce the chance of having to deal with people complaining that they got told like three different things to do and are now confused as to who is true and who isn't. Because let's face it, people want to believe the outcome that will let them get what they want, as opposed to the outcome that may leave them in a worse position (AKA: Permabanned)

/end rant.

I hope this makes some sort of sense to somebody...
The rule about a player posting in another players ban appeal is definite and is going to stay. This rule is here to prevent drama and allow the server to run smoother and to help create a more unified community. A ban appeal is simply an area for a player to try and convince the staff they they should be unbanned and or to discover why they where banned, it is not an area for players to go posting random comments or to be discriminatory or hateful towards the player. This current thread is a perfect example of what a ban appeal could become like and has looked like in the past. This discrimination and in general flaming of staff members and other players in general servers no purpose.

As such this thread is locked and any messages on this matter in the future will be locked.
People just go livid when someone griefs their house, steals, and is a spammer/dickhead ingame. Demand them to be banned and often assaults them on forums usually if it doesn't involve them at all. Even if its not a justified ban or was a mistake. Or even a minor ban that was expected just to be temporary.

But when someone breaks this rule they seem to not care. Somehow, don't think it matters.

It also paints people in a really negative light that is not always true and can easily ruin someones time on Minetown because they are essentially attacked/bullied.

It can be fun to attack a newb with everyone else because they made a simple mistake and stole 5gb. But I know people would get upset if it was them posting the appeal and they were attacked.

That is why I am pro temp bans for posting useless shit on appeals(ingame not forum).