Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] This is becoming a serious issue
Started by [E] pyrefangs

I'm putting this out for everybody to see...

I've been seeing more and more people commenting on Ban appeals that they are not part of.

This is a quote directly from the owner of Minetown:

-- Also, please create a new thread, dont post in somebody else ban appeal.... --

It's really not that hard to understand people. So please PLEASE I implore you all... stop posting on other people's ban appeals. I understand you might have useful advice, but really the appeals are up so the Staff can get in, figure the issue out and solve it without having to slog through posts that shouldn't be there.

Also sometimes your posts are taken by the person making the appeal as their answer which only causes us more issues in the long run.

So please, just follow the rules. People will start getting banned from the forums if this keeps up.
Moved to ban appeals <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
Please Note, only people that can post in appeals are:

- The banned person themselves

- Mods & Admins

- People directly involved in the ban (Victims of the banned person or the person that got them banned)

If you know the person, are a friend or have dealt with the person in the past you are not entitled to comment on the appeal with your opinions of views on the matter. Doing so will now result in punishment.
I'm ready for in-game punishment for not following these rules. There have been plenty of these ultimatum threads in just a few months which have obviously not made one bit of difference. When we have to waste time policing the forums it takes away from doing our work on the actual server.

Time to get serious I say and let the punishment extend to in-game with some jail.
I heard a mod saying in a ban appeal where someone posted when they shouldn't have, that you could get banned from the forums for posting in a ban appeal irrelevant to you
This is the biggest non-issue of all issues I can think of.

It might be a bit annoying at times, but then again at times it can be very funny and even useful.

Is this "crime" really worth "punishment?"

No.

"Nazism is bad, m'kay? If you act like a Nazi then you are bad, m'kay?" -- Mr. Mackey, "South Park"
Actually this is a bigger issue than you realize. I have seen plenty of ban appeals that turned into flame wars or go completely off topic.

To keep the section clean and on topic, the rule was implemented.

This is also more fair for the people and can help speed up the process.
I think threads are getting very boring nowadays. I tried to liven the thread section with a funny thread the other day before suddenly i got a couple thumbs down, people asking for the thread to be locked, thread locked....

Back to reading the 'hurr Im stuck in nether' and 'I have no idea why im banned durr' threads
People "have no idea why I'm banned" because they think they can lie their way out of it and get back in, and do whatever they did wrong again. I mean, honestly only 2-3% of bans are accidents, from what I've seen. More or less, not saying it's an exact percentage, but around there. Either they're trying to lie... or they just don't know how to read... if they don't know how to read, how can they post a ban appeal? It's just one big contradiction in itself, of what they're doing. "I didn't do anything, honestly!" Sayomie (for example) says something like: Please explain the 6 stacks of diamonds you stole from this chest (not something real, but I have seen some ban appeals where they did A LOT of bad things).

As to being stuck in the nether... if guests knew how to read the spawn signs, they wouldn't have problems. They'd know to go to the guest world. Roughly 40% of the chat I see, when I'm online, is guests being "stuck." For the new world, I want to suggest a tutorial setting for when people first join the server. They have to read the rules the signs, kind of thing. I'm not sure how it would be programmed, but I think it would help to stop so many "stuck" posts and chat floods.

As to the people not supposed to write in ban appeals that aren't related to them: It's on one of the stickies, I forgot which one. Might I suggest making a new sticky that says (in caps or in a different color) to NOT post in appeals not related to you? I will admit, though, I've posted in one a couple months back that didn't relate to me. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/2639.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":(">:(</object> But I never did after due to the person who made it said it was a rule.
Why not having players submitting applications to join Minetown, provide a small summary or recap of what they read in the rules?