Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Could you all please help?
Started by [E] Eunjun

10-19

WA, Australia
Don't worry Danni. I'll just mark you as 20 then, haha. Though your name won't be used. I made a note in my research survey book about subtracting one mark from 10-19 and adding to 20-29. Those who don't include an age are marked as n/a age.

Also for future reference: You don't need to state how far you are from a main city (i.e. ObiWan). There's nothing wrong with it, however this project isn't so much focused on the commercial centers (which is why you don't need to say how far you are). It just focuses on the surrounding region that you are, for the purposes of this survey. For example, the US is divided to North West (Oregon and Washington), Alaskan region (just Alaska), South West US (California, Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada), Rocky Mountain Region (all states residing), Great Planes Region (All states residing), Corn Belt (Indiana and other such states that excel in massive corn production, accounting for 60% world production of corn ), North East (basically New England States), and Eastern Coast/Peninsula (being all eastern states as well as Florida all the way to Louisiana). Texas is considered in the Great Plains Region for the purpose of this survey. This is just an example. I won't go into the divisions of all countries (because, honestly, I don't know all of them, that's too much to know). Europe is divided by a longitude/latitude grid (i.e. Scotland is considered section Q, England being Section I (i, not lower case L). However, I'm one of two North American representatives. This survey is part of a collective in which the entire research body will meet (in a month and a half) to combine research and conduct a formalized statistical analysis. This then gets submitted to the FAO (a four month processing time) which then comes out to the time when we finish all our plot research. (aka, we've planned this to be perfectly timed and as efficient as possible).

Fun fact: If your country votes on propositions or laws, this will be included in the 2016-2020 voting season (with project start being 2023 June, according to outlined calendar). In my class that I never go to (usually I'm in lab, as lab time counts for this course) I went today, and I found out how to explain it better with this. This survey is basically going to be a world sample to see how much world wide support we will get, and from which regions). Of course, all statistical analysis has errors if it is to be more un-bias. I'm not asking for a yes and region name or a no and region name. Just asking for an anonymous vote and region name (to make it a FULL complete random set). Yes, there is such a thing as a partial complete random set (being when you do the "and" rule).

Also, if you live in Asia you will have a chance to meet my team and I in Yantai, Shandong, China on July 27, 2013. We will only be there for half the day, 9am - 11am local time (local referring to the time there). Reason: Power is cut off in that region after 11am until 6pm for residential and non-commercial properties (civic centers are turned off too, which sucks). Unless the FAO decides to pay an outrageous fee (since we're using one building in a huge complex, but they can only turn the complex on or off). We will also be taking volunteers to go out into the Gobi desert with us to take soil samples and start a live plot test. Housing would be provided (we'd be sleeping in tents), however food would not be provided. Water would be provided. If you have any physical problems or physical disabilities in the back, legs, arms or hands we would ask to please consider not volunteering, however (for equal opportunity reasons) you would be accepted upon signing a liability waiver (which EVERYONE who volunteers needs to sign, since you would still not be considered members or affiliates of the FAO; they don't really want to get in trouble and pay lawsuits if people get injured). I just got the information about China today. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object> So if any of you reside in South East Asia, hope to see you volunteer and prepare to get dirty. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
I feel better now haha <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object> x
20-29
10-19

RI, USA
10-19

UK,
10-19

TX, USA (Great Plains Region <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object> )
10-19

PA,USA
UNITED ARAB EMARITS 10-19

UR WELQUM.
10-19

United States, Georgia