Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] New Town Plugin!!!
Started by [E] Sayomie

Okay, so we have a main town, districts and plots. My question is, is there a maximum number of districts? I don't have an insane number in mind. Say, around 7 districts? The wiki provided does not go into any actual numbers. Just wondering. And as an addition to this question, is there a maximum number of plots? Again, not an insane number. Probably around 20 for plots is what I'm thinking (within one district that I would use). Just asking for my town's use, and maybe or not this pertains to other people.

Haha, I remember when you first started, Soccer, asking me for help when you joined my town. Now you're helper. Good job, man. I'm happy for you. I didn't even know we had that title until you got it. I find your videos quite helpful. Question about your videos, though. What program do you use? Also, is it the program that cuts off the left side of the screen? The /t in /to is always missing, haha. Although you have it in large print in the center of the screen (which is better for reading purposes).
I didn't test the limits of the districts and plots but I would ass/u/me that 7 and 20 are completely within reason.
I have 27 Plots in 1 District So you should have no problem with that. But on the Number of districts I would Imagine there is no limit But it would just be a pain changing your active district all the time when your selling plots in different districts.
isoccerplayer wrote:
Yep, Region SelfService signs will work, with the new towns plugin.

A) I think the plot names are too big for the signs

B) I think self service has been limited to mods... When I placed a self service sign, it doesn't do anything and /selfservice just returns ?
Yield wrote:
isoccerplayer wrote:
Yep, Region SelfService signs will work, with the new towns plugin.

A) I think the plot names are too big for the signs

B) I think self service has been limited to mods... When I placed a self service sign, it doesn't do anything and /selfservice just returns ?

Thats one of the problems, with self-service signs, is the limited region name size.

MCTowns edits regions. It creates WorldGuard regions, to be exact. All it does, is create regions. SelfService Signs, are used to sell world guard regions. It doesn't look at what Plugin created the regions.

So, they are compatible.
too bad, i cant see the tutorials, cause in videos is music used, which is not avaible in germany, youtube is shiting me realy up ;(
Nick, I made a wiki for the plugin. If you need any help, You can ask me in game (I bet iSoccer would be willing to help too)
Can I use this with an existing town? Or will that just make a big mess with deleting regions?
mattgehring123 wrote:
Can I use this with an existing town? Or will that just make a big mess with deleting regions?

It really depends on the size of your city and your ability to learn the plugin. You will need to remove the sub-regions before you submit the pe because any existing protection will cause a conflict in permissions when the MCTown is created.
/to active reset does not work....