Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Just sad
Started by [E] Italy08

I am currently on the server and yet another attack happens to lag the server. If that wasnt bad enough two more people do it right after each other. Is their lives so pathetic that their only goal is to lag our server?? I don't know what their reason is previously banned, another server ect. Is their lives seriously so pathetic that they will actually take tile to try and cause problems for this server? Go outside do something better with your time instead of ruining a great server for many people.

Sorry just a rant. Thank you to the mods and admins that are on that quickly take care of these people.

Italy
Those were actually skiddies (script kiddies) using some programs they got from the internet. We get attacked weekly by worse DDOS attacks. (probably coming from some "competitor" servers...)
Oh i thought that was just an accident.

But these guys are pretty much driving a minecart filled with tnt into Minetown?

How dare they! >.<
I think some servers are <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object> JEALOUS haha.. Sawine keep up the good work and protecting our server from Jealous Competitors hahah.
People should be jealous! With 1000 slots and a great community they better be jealous <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>
Yeah thank god we have staff thats on top of it. As I right this were being atked again <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/2639.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":(">:(</object>
CPT Thats was what is called a Script Kiddies not a ddos attack
I never stated that it was a DDOS attack but just an attack in general. Whether DDOS or Script Kiddies its still annoying and quite sad. I mean honestly its quite pointless to waste your time trying to ruin things for others. DDOS is obviously more severe but the overall goal is somewhat the same.
yeah pretty much.
Is there a preventative program for DDOS and kiddies? If so, does it cost money? If it does, I can probably get a copy for free (though maybe not as good). My good friend who lives just a few doors down does a ton of programming for severs now (won't see him for a couple more days) so any information you give me I could relay to him to see if he can come up with something (don't worry, I'll pay him in food, haha, so he's not doing it for free). As in, like... a fail safe system. Is there such a thing for these attacks? If not, guess my friend and I (by "I," I mean that I'll watch him write the program, lol) have a lot of work cut out. I think it's worth investigating. I'll see what I find online for preventative measures or fail safes (rather than the server shut down and bans then world edit: recovery, just a way that detects it and kicks only those and does an automatic rollback). Something like that would be interesting to have, I think, to help defend us.