Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] War world needs some life!
Started by [E] GiggleGasm

I would like to propose that the War World go from a world which is reset to one which is permanent. Why? To try and breathe some life into it! Right now its only used for the occasional pvp, which almost doesn’t justify it being there at all

It’s got limited resources, there are no rules, pvp is always on etc etc. Basically it’s a massive challenge to build anything there, takes some balls to put some work in…. This is exactly why it’s an interesting challenge! Already a few of us have started building there and want to try and attract others to form factions and try and compete with us, with some other plans to bring people into the war world. Basically we want to give it some real use!

But it’s impossible at the moment… Anything a faction or group tries to build is reset, hording together materials is useless since it vanishes shortly after. Trying to set up faction wars other than mindless fighting near the spawn is near impossible. Yes I can see there being a benefit from the area around the spawn area (beyond the spawn protection a bit) should be reset but anyone who really want to try and build in the war world would build further way from that anyway.

So I ask, since I may just be blind, what is the benefits of resetting the war world?

The benefits are the structures, I'd think. Everything gets destroyed during the "wars." Instead of having people building with the threat of being killed, it gets reset so all the buildings are back and running.

also, I like your idea a bit. Maybe they should reset just the initial area, and farther out could be like faction bases. However, the problem with that is if you build too far away and it isn't reset, other factions wouldn't be able to find you for battles and you wouldn't be able to find them. That's my opinion of what would happen. If anything, yes it would make people move there. But the vast majority of those people would be mindless, only seaking to ambush the unknowing traveler trying to start a base. It's just my opinion. However, I do like the idea because I think it would be great to see the war world with larger activity.
I totally agree.

The reason what makes the war world less popular is the resets.

You enter the war world with no items. You're very vulnerable to everything.

Basically, it's Minecraft vanilla out there. You gotta get everything yourself.

You don't have money to buy materials for your home in the war world. And come to think of it, there's no shops either.

So basically, you start from scratch upon entering. Which is good, because it's very challenging.

However, the resets tend the players to not bother going there anymore, since their hard work has been useless.

Currently /warp end is far more popular for PvP. It gets reset as well, but you're able to bring items, prepare.
i support this, i love my tnt cannons and the entire war side of minecraft would be epic, also sugarcane or a shop to trade credits for items is needed for the few things you cant get in warworld
I (whatever number i am to agree) like this alot. War World would be less dull if it wasn't reset.
Woot glad to see there is some support for this. Yeah i have found anyone wishing to do pvp seems to go to the end. Totally agree that the end should be reset, its a clearly limited landmass.

What do you guys think of this feature for the war world if it does stay: keep personal warps unable to be set in the war-world but set 4 more than just the spawn, north, south, east and west each with protected region around the warp like the spawn. Maybe also give factions the option to set a warp fairly large credit cost (something you would want to pool together from several faction members). Obviously the warp for the faction would need to be made only available to its members.

I’m even temped to throw in some kind of cost for being allowed to enter the war world to reduce the enter once, destroy some building nearby, leave type deal. Maybe allow anyone to enter the world as a guest to look how it works and such but have a requirement to actively be there. Would only have to be small to turn away people who have no interest in doing something decent there. 50 credits?

What do you guys think?
We will be introducing a new world for pvp soon. The current war world is only there temporarily.
Basically you want there to be no griefing but still no protections

If only...

Lol

I see where yo are at but basically the whole war world concept needs to be re done.

Any factions want a war they have no time to build defenses cos griefers would just come and destroy it and if you get protection on it then the enemy cannot break the defense and there goes the fun.

To be honest I see no answer to this problem.

Also the fact that you cannot bring items in means you cannot have a good war

E.g.

You go in, you stay there hoping to get diamonds make armour and weapons and then have a war, but before you get these diamonds griefers find yo place and wreck it so back to square one

Or

You go in there quick before griefers can get your stuff get terrible weapons, no armour and have a boring war with no TNT and no fun

The problem is griefers!

If there was someway to define griefers and enemy's invading then we could ban the grifters auto but allow enemy's to destroy, but that's impossible.

If we introduce protections just gonna be a new main world, no point in defenses like walls and moats cos no one can do any damage to it cos it is protected...

This is making my brain hurt!

I am off to bed its 10:57 and I got stuff to do tommorow!

Cya (copying sawine)
Wow

Didn't realise how long that post was!

Lol
the worst part is that you can turn pvp off