Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Application Suggestion
Started by [E] Eunjun

Hello,

I was wondering if we could make the application process "idiot proof," in a matter of speaking. Now, I realize some people have absolutely no idea as to the process... because they didn't read the rules and the process.

I know that some user agreements require you to be on a page for a certain amount of time, or actually require you to scroll down all the way. I believe that we should make it more apparently that signing up for white-listing does NOT grant membership. That it won't remove guest status. That it needs to be approved before you can be un-guested. This is just my opinion. I don't remember the application form, nor do I remember what it looked like or if it changed since I became a member several months back. However, if there is no text saying "YOUR APPLICATION MUST BE APPROVED BEFORE YOU ARE GRANTED MEMBERSHIP," then I'd suggest putting it on there (I put it in caps to represent a bigger text size, which is what I recommend for that line). You should also show the line between accepted and approved. Accepted meaning the email they get saying that the application was sent successfully and is awaiting approval, and approved meaning they are no longer a guest. I feel that if we do this, we can make the job on all the Mods/Admins easier.

I just feel they are wasting their time on the forums when I see about 20 new threads a day saying "I applied, why am I still a guest?" or something like that. I mean, if those people who post that actually READ the email instead of just the subject heading of the email, they'd know. That's what I meant by "idiot proof" before. Make it apparent that they will NOT be un-guested just by submitting an application, that it still needs to be PROCESSED.

I also realize this may seem to be a rant, but know this: Them posting "Why am I a guest if I just applied?" does not affect me. However, I find those threads to be a waste of time for Mods/Admins and I'm sure that deep down they feel in a somewhat similar way, at least.