Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Best Hat Contest (10 diamond prize)
Started by Unknown User

Hello all, and welcome to the BEST HAT CONTEST!!!!!!

I have designed this contest to find the best hat to wear and to include donators and non donators.

HOW IT ALL WORKS

First you will post here in this format

IGN:

Hat block:

Screenshots (optional):

Additional info (effects, cost, looks, etc):

Texture pack used (please includ download link):

With your entry

Then I will pick out of that number, 5 which I like best

Then it is up to the community to decide via a poll

Screen shots of me wearing the hat will be provided

Then the one which gets the most votes wins the 10 diamond prize

HOW I WILL JUDGE

I will judge in catogarys and mark the hat out of ten for each, I will then work out the average for this to a percentage.

He category's are...

LOOKS

I will look for...

Best textured block (what the block texture looks like)

Best position (some blocks sit strangely on the head, which looks best?)

EFFECTS

Some blocks do something to the environment

I will look for

The most useful

The coolest, funniest,etc

PRACTICALITY

how easy is it to get?

THE CLOSING DATA FOR ALL ENTRY'S IS 12:00am pst 15th january 2012

ANY ENTRY'S AFTER THIS TIME WILL NOT BE COUNTED (possible 5 minuet extra if someone missed it)

After all entry's are in I will work out the average and the to five

I will then edit this post to include a poll for people to vote

RULES.

The block must be able to be used as a hat (obviously)

If someone has entered your block before you they get priority, you will not receive the prize for re-entering the Same block

When the poll is introduced DON'T vote for your self, please respect this to keep it fair, the only person you are cheating is yourself

WARNING

You are allowed to use different texture packs, I will judge them in that texture pack if I can get it. If I cannot get it for some reason then I will judge in the default if no other texture pack is given

I CANNOT GET HD TEXTURE PACKS TO WORK SO DON'T ENTER ONE!!!

Ok then, are we ready?

(crowd cheers)

Then contest on!

IGN: VVAnonymousVV

Hat block: Glowstone xD

Screenshots (optional): None (sorry I can't get it to work)

Additional info (effects, cost, looks, etc): The glowstone still acts as a block (it lights up the area around you as you walk). It looks pretty nice (with the Painterlypack texture pack anyways, don't know about the original texture pack), and is pretty cheap in stores. (about 8 for 1g in the market)
IGN: Rokitchikin

Hat block: Pumpkin/Diving Helmet

Screenshots (optional):

DivingHelmet.jpg

Here's what it looks like on the outside.

DivingHelminside.jpg

This is what it looks like on the inside.

Additional info (effects, cost, looks, etc): A normal pumpkin is not much when placed on the head. But with Glimmars Steampunk Texture pack it makes it into something awesome. Now you can fight those pesky Enderman in style and they wont run away just like a regular pumpkin. Cost is cheap and you can get 4 for 1g at /warp rokitmart (shameless store plug XD) and downloading and installing the texture pack is relatively fast. Doesnt have any other effects but when it looks so badass who needs em lol.

*edit: Dam just read the last line about default text packs. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/2639.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":(">:(</object> auto DQ lol. Ah well enjoy the awesomeness anyway <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>

*re-edit. YAY i can submit
Not judging based on texture packs takes all the fun out of it. Based on your criteria, Glowstone should always win because it has the most practical use and it sets on the head correctly. At least taking texture packs into effect allows for a unique spin on the competition.
EDIT

I have updated the post

Please re-read it and edit your entry post
Really!?!

Only two entry's?
Gonna need to have more than two entrys
IGN: GammaGames

Hat block: DragonBorn Helmet

Screenshots (optional):

D5Loc.png

Additional info (effects, cost, looks, etc):

Has 13 protection

Texture pack used (please includ download link):

Jolicraft, enhanced a little with photoshop

sorry couldnt resist
Seriouse posts only please...
Gamma wins.

Also, Herp, nobody is participating because it's a rather stupid competition. There's only two possible uses for a hat (Light and Underwater breathing) and people are hardly going to texture it, they are ripping it out of an existing texture pack. Then you make it even more boring by not allowing HD texture packs. Boring competition (Browsing the forums until you find a good looking pumpkin or Glowstone) with a small prize.

My opinion. I'm in a bad mood.