Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Advertising chat channel
Started by Unknown User

i am working on a fix for this by making a giant warpboard just for shop warps with mywarps incorperated to make life easy. Honestly if we did what you are suggesting, 75% of people would close that channel cause it would be spammed and anyone advertizing in /t would get kicked for using /t for what it is there for.
There is an advertisement plugin, that takes money from you, when you advertise. I think thats the best solution.

Or do what Danni said.
lol not a bad idea...10creds per ad? XD would keep the spamm down

but yea, honestly any messages in trade chat should be short and sweet and not repeated in under 30 mins. trade chat is for trade. Shops are for buying. there is a difference between trade and purchase. Perhaps we need some hard ruling laid down on what is considered appropriate...
Zionia wrote:
lol not a bad idea...10creds per ad? XD would keep the spamm down

but yea, honestly any messages in trade chat should be short and sweet and not repeated in under 30 mins. trade chat is for trade. Shops are for buying. there is a difference between trade and purchase. Perhaps we need some hard ruling laid down on what is considered appropriate...

I got a few screenshots today of what I believe to be excessive. Under 30? I was seeing under 5 for the same shop advertisement <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f635.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":dizzy:">:dizzy:</object>

Edit: Didn't see soccer's suggestion there. That sounds interesting!
yea...that is excessive...i will see what can be done about limiting things and having a set of rules everyone cna see.
Ok ty
Can't people just advertise now and then in trade chat? People know not to spam, advertising or not, so spam isn't really any more of an issue. In my eyes this is just adding needless complications.
i personally dont mind it now and then. the issue comes up when you get a train of "come to warp shopx cause my stuff is better than shopy" types of messages that it becomes a nuisance
K, can we have this thread locked now?

I think we all know what to do now

Ty