Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Cons of the current economy plugins
Started by [E] imthelag

I am posting this not so much to vent, but get some opinions and see if I am really the only player who misses the two previous economy implementations. Does anyone else feel the following cons and wonder "Was it worth it?"

TradeCraft

- Requires chest-access for the region

- Only the owner can view stock, which takes more work now (click once to withdraw, click again to deposit since you never wanted to withdraw in the first place).

PhysicalShop allowed for players to keep their regions safe with chest-access deny. IMO it is silly for a region owner to allow chest access in a huge region and /cprivate everything else just to sell a few things. Players and Shop Owners could both check the inventory quickly with just one right-click

SCS/Display Shop (Credits)

- Bugs result in loss of shop and inventory

- Can not have custom purchase sizes

The previous implementation of credit shops had a safeguard; plugin or no plugin your inventory was still in a chest.
Tradecraft first point is easily solvable. Use /region flag chest-access allow (might not be exact)

Gives access to all unregistered chests. Just /cprivate all your private chests. If you've blended your shop region with your entire town / city, you're the silly one, not the plugin. I make sure I /cprivate all my chests, even my own (not the bank) vault ones which are nowhere near anything and are all underwater are /cprivated. Just make a child region inside the parent region, then grant rights to that region and store other items out of the child region. A simple fix that requires a petition will fix your problems.

I own 3 shops and help stock 2, I'd rather people didn't know the stock amount incase people aim to buy me out, which isn't the purpose of shops.

SCS I've never seen a bug like the one you describe.

SCS does allow custom purchase sizes to an extent. E.g.: don't put 15 credits for 1 gold, put 45 credits for 1 diamond.

I'd love for you to explain to me how SCS isn't awesome. The fact remains you can create a showcase of items that you want to sell. E.g.: spitting diamonds out of stone slabs.

If you're that bothered about these two minor changes, then make a poll and it might get considered.

-pred
I don't think you understood that I considered chest-access allow to be a con. If I have a 100 x 100 region I view it as a con to have to cprivate hundreds of chests inside the region, just to allow a few shops inside. I also think creating an additional region to get around this is another con - it is more work for me and whoever answers the petition.
Quote:

I'd love for you to explain to me how SCS isn't awesome.

Why would you love for me to explain why SCS isn't awesome? I purposely titled this thread "Cons of the current economy plugins" not "I think plugin X is awesome/notawesome". I have done all I can to not draw flame replies.

I actually like the display feature, I just wish we had the old option for trading with credits to get around the cons I listed. I'd use both if I could. SCS for displaying diamond (pretty!) and the old credit signs for the purchase (safe, and quantities).
What I meant was you haven't put a single positive of each plugin, and there's various positives that are there, while you're just listing these minor issues.

Although the diamond loss one is a pretty large bug.

-pred
#PredSpread wrote:

What I meant was you haven't put a single positive of each plugin, and there's various positives that are there, while you're just listing these minor issues.

I am aware. For the second time, that is why I titled the thread "Cons of the current economy plugins".

I even put a directed question in the OP to find out if anyone else is affected having our options limited.

If you came here looking for a fair and balanced review you either didn't read the title or you are looking to troll/flame.
Why would you set up your entire region a chest allowed and not just the market area?

It sucks when you need more than a single chests worth of items from a shop, but oops, the shop has a storage limit so I have to wait for the owner to restock. But tradecraft allows me to add an unlimited stock to a chest which nice for potions/items that dont stack or bulk purchases.

In addition to removing the NEED for a ton of chests for storage; why have a dozen cobblestone chests when you could just make 1 cobblestone shop chests that have been /cprivated for your access only?

Punch the chest for gods sake. Unless they've changed the way the plugin functions since we last used it, all you have to do is punch the sign to get a message about the stock. Why would you withdraw and deposit???
imthelag wrote:

#PredSpread wrote:

I am aware. For the second time, that is why I titled the thread "Cons of the current economy plugins".

I even put a directed question in the OP to find out if anyone else is affected having our options limited.

If you came here looking for a fair and balanced review you either didn't read the title or you are looking to troll/flame.

I came to give my opinion, that is all.

I don't think you gave a balanced view whatsoever, actually.

I'm not replying anymore.

-pred