Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Protips
Started by [E] imthelag

The following things come up in my mind often. I think they are good rules of thumb, however feel free to tell me I'm wrong or even flame me. So long as it is in this thread and NOT in the Trade Channel <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object> <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object> <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>

Protips:

Lag

Don't be a tool. We all feel the lag and don't need to hear/read your verbal diarrhea every time blocks are reverting. If you genuinely don't know if the server is experiencing high CPU or if it is just your connection use /ping and see how fast the Pong! returns. Thank you for your cooperation, Captain Obvious.

Finding a Friend

Don't be a tool. Trade Chat is not a place to get the attention of a friend or find out if they are online. If you wanted to see if I am online you should type /tell imthelag with nothing else after my name. Upon pressing enter the plugin will either A) Lock you in a private conversation with imthelag or B) Respond that the player is not found (Hint: They are not online). This method works much better since not only will you keep the chat spam to a minimum, but you also get the added benefit of pink text in a private conversation, which is great for getting a player's attention. Especially when we are becoming numb to the trade colors anyway, now that everyone is holding auctions for enchanted tools.

Trade Channel

Don't be a tool. If you routinely make the mistake of spamming the trade channel when you meant to use global, it is time to stop changing channels because you can't manage it. Instead you need to use quick messages.

Use /t <message here> to quickly message in the Trade Channel without leaving Global, Local, or whatever channel you are currently in.

Trade Channel

Don't be a tool. Use some digression with the Trade Channel. Once you have someones attention, it would be great if you could go back to Global, or just use private conversations. Too many times there are trade conversations that go on for over 10 minutes. I am pretty sure the other player(s) involved are clearly interested in doing business, can you please open the channel up for other trades to take place?

Trade Channel

Don't make the same mistake. Do not use the Trade Channel just to tell others not to use the Trade Channel. Even if it is with good intention, it still sends other new players the message that you can personally justify using Trade Channel for non-trade. Better to take the high road and stay as consistent as possible.

Any Channel

Don't

be

a

tool.

Don't

split

your

thoughts

up

this.

Write

it

down

first

on

paper

if

your

mental

buffer

is

low

on

RAM.

Petitions

Don't be a tool. Do not ask for a staff member to read your petition. By doing so, you have just subtracted some of the effectiveness of the petition system.

Composure (Thank You Zionia)

Don't be a tool. If you have a problem it is not the end of the world. If you believe so, you have problems outside of Minecraft. There is no reason to spam the chat with "I NEED A MOD NOW!!!!111eleven11!!!" or "OMGOMGOMGOMGWTFCHOCOLATE" because you were griefed. We have a great set of staff on this server and a plethora of plugins that keep everything safe. Your griefed/stolen creations can and will be rolled back with a simple command. But not if you blow your lid and stress everyone out.

I love it, couldn't have put this better myself!

Don't be a tool <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>
Joining the other 19 wonderful people who gave this amazing post a thumbup.

If only I had two thumbs... i mean i do have two thumbs, but there is only a button for the left thumb... or is it your right? It might be my left... <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object> Im clueless.
One thing to add

When you want to see who is online, a brief list can be brought up buy pressing and holding the tab key on your keyboard, this is usually located above the caps lock key...
BARNEY626 wrote:
One thing to add

When you want to see who is online, a brief list can be brought up buy pressing and holding the tab key on your keyboard, this is usually located above the caps lock key...

I think you TOTALLY missed the point of this thread
Yield wrote:
BARNEY626 wrote:
One thing to add

I think you TOTALLY missed the point of this thread

I think he was just trying to add to the "see who's online" part

If not, I totally agree. Lol