Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Ban Appeal
Started by [E] fiedler1

fiedler1, being rude about the situation will only make then NOT want to unban you. To be honest, if I was a Mod I would tell you that you'd bebanned for at least until February, where you'd then have to make a new ban appeal. But alas, I'm not a mod. What you should have done is this: Respectfully ask for this thread to be answered in a timely manner. You could have merely typed in "bump" to keep it on the left hand screen for them to see. Honestly, though, I'd prefer that you remain banned a little longer due to how rude you were to them. I mean no offense by this, however from other ban appeals in which the people were rude, they were not unbanned right away. Please be more respectful, as Mods/admins have a lot on their table and they occasionally forget about something. They're a human just like all of us, we all have flaws and we all make mistakes. I believe I speak for the Mods involved on this case in that they are sorry for taking so long to respond.

That's what you call rude? Sorry if that post did offend you but come on, I used no inappropriate language and I don't believe that it has a particularly aggressive tone. Also I would appreciate it if people who have nothing to do with this didn't post here, as it says in the guidelines.
fiedler1 wrote:
What the hell?! Why hasn't anyone replied yet! I am trying to be patient but it has been almost a week now since I last posted and I would really like to know whether there is any chance I can play on this server again or whether I am going to be banned for ever for a beginners mistake.

PLEASE RESPOND

So, that's not rude? "What the hell?"

No where in the rules does it say people aren't allowed to post on certain threads. Forums are where a community can get together and discuss/debate things.

If you want to quote rules:

2 - Respect everyone, especially your admins and mods.

This includes, but is not limited to:

Use correct language.

Speak in a polite and mannerful way.

Your post that is quoted does not follow this rule

I realize I sound mean in this, however I'm merely making an appropriate response to what you've given.

Here is the guildlines:

Posting Guidelines:

When posting in a ban appeal, either your own or someone's else, make sure to follow these simple guidelines, otherwise your post will be deleted.

- Do not post unless ban directly involves you

- Stay polite

- Do not post anything unrelated to the ban appeal. (aka stay on topic)

- Do not make personal attacks (Ad hominem)

- Do not troll. (obviously)

I am staying on topic, therefore I have a right to post on here. Please do not twist words for your own benefit. Line three: "Do not post anything unrelated to the ban appeal." My first post here was a reply to your rudeness, and this is now a reply to your lack of understanding of the guidelines and rules (Again, no offense intended. I'm merely trying to respond to you in the most efficient manner possible).

I apologize, again, for the delay in response that the Mods/Admins have given you. I believe I speak for them when I say that. I also apologize, again, for any ill-effect this response has towards you. And again, I'm merely trying to reply to you in the most efficient manner possible, even giving quotes on the rules and guidelines.

EDIT: You are right, I misread the guidelines and I shouldn't post here. However, your rudeness towards the admins will not work in your favor (I've read all the posts, and you were rude to them on several occasions). I will not be making any further posts here.
duns thank you, but please remember not to post in appeals that do not pertain to you.

fiedler: you could always have bumped or send a message to one of the staff if you noticed we were not responding to your response. Throwing a hissy fit will not help your case in the slightest. Grifff has the final say on this ban appeal as he banned you.

However if it were up to me...

Considering the amount you took from a chest that was not yours (it doesnt matter where you see a chest...if it isnt yours you shouldnt touch it with the exception of dungeon chests and WW), i would keep you banned for a while then jailed when you were allowed to return. Adding your responses above, I would say you blew your chances to come back. But as I said, the final say is up to Grifff. So send him a pm over the forum if you want him to see this again.