Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Solution to trees being half-chopped.
Started by Unknown User

Nobody likes half chopped trees. They are an eyesore and very unrealistic looking. I would like to propose that, whenever it is updated for 1.0, the 'Timber!' mod or something like it be implements. Timber! makes it so that, when you chop a block of wood with an axe, the entire tree is chopped at once. It saves time and gets rid of those pesky logs that hide in the leaves, allowing the tree to vanish in a more natural looking manner.
I would put yes if the anti-deforestation plugin was put in like a proposed, but No otherwise as this would

1. Destroy half the country side

2. Lower the already low wood prices.

My vote remains my own... For now.
i voted no, but what would be cool is if someone could create a plugin that made the wood fall onto base level, like the block, like the tree was actually falling.
I voted "no" as well, but I do agree that half chopped trees are problematic and ugly. But we don't need more plugins, they cause enough problems as is.

What happens under this plugin when an Enderman removes a block from a tree? Does the whole tree fall as if it had been chopped?
i would say yes but there can be MUCH simpler solutions
Yo u all make quite valid arguments against it. The question still remains. How do we solve the ugly trees issue?
Parkerjdude wrote:
i voted no, but what would be cool is if someone could create a plugin that made the wood fall onto base level, like the block, like the tree was actually falling.

This ain't BF3 foo

No physics in dis crib
Drupe wrote:
Parkerjdude wrote:

This ain't BF3 foo

No physics in dis crib

you and your physics
I agree that half cut trees suck. But i do think that cutting down a tree with one chop or reducing the effort required to get the wood from it takes the challenge away. I'm thinking you could go two ways with this. You could either create an invention that you have to build like a robo saw that you set on the trunk and it takes a bit but it ultimately after a timer ends and it chews through the wood the wood blocks and saw drop down to be picked back up. Or another way to deter half chopping is to have a plug in or something which basically would put a 10x10 trigger around the person once the first wood would be chopped. If the character passes this trigger without all the tree block removed from that particular tree then the wood gets removed from your inventory and put back on the tree.
Do what I do.

I walk around, punch some dirt

Probably about 10 or 15

Make a staircase to the top of the tree

Work it down.

If you've got a diamond and really want those trees out of the way fast, turn it into iron at /bank

1 dia = 3 gold = 30 iron = 15 shears

Have fun