Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] I Won't be able to get on minetown any more due to Java cant create a virtual machine error. HELP!!!
Started by [E] 5p0ng3b0b

Any help would be apreciated. i've spent over an hour trying to fix the problem i've tried mineproxy/ mineshafter, ive tried creating a minecraft.bat file, it says it is unable to locate the jar file. and then it closes really fast. I'm out of options. Untill this is fixed, I wont be able to play. PLEASE HELP!!!
Maybe you should try updating Java, then reload the game. Just a thought...
ive tried that i have the newest edtion of java for windows xp
Then after that you deleted the game and downloaded/ installed again?

Usually deleting the bin and restarting the game work or just reinstalling the game .
Make sure that you updated from the official Oracle/Sun Java website, and that you got ALL the Java, including the development kit (jdk) for your Windows version. If you used Windows Update, uninstall that version of Java and go to

http://java.com/en/download/index.jsp to get the version for your system.

I think there are additional files in the jdk which the actual jre (runtime environment) depends on for full functionality, but I might be wrong about that.

I am using Sun Java 6, and not Java 7 (the current release) but I'm on Linux, so you might be able to use Java 7.

*You're not using an emulated version of XP, right?
Yeah i have the actual windows xp havnt tried you solution but if it works ill let u kno
My friend had this same problem. He uninstalled his entire .minecraft file and than restarted his computer. He than re-installed java and than restarted. He than re-installed Minecraft from minecraft.net and than everything seemed to work.
i've deleted the .minecraft folder and ill uninstall java again and then reinstall it all. come back later and Darth might be on to something here. ill download java 7
Thank you so much, Darth and sheepoman, you guys saved my life!!!!!! i guess this means this post is closed now! Thank you all again.