Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] MineTown History

I was just trying to get the facts correct. You put they aren't together anymore, but they are.
Daniel, you were banned from the forums so you made an account with a similar name so you could comment on this? Nice.
Ive had this one just registered on the site, I was going to give input on the history. Since i guess no one likes me ill just keep my mouth shut, and watch what is said? (Not trying to start fights or let people think im someone else i could care less)
I know Daniel, thanks for your input.
OKI HOW COULD YOU FORGET ME!

Well I think I joined around the time Oki joined. I remember some of it... I was in Crescent with GACKT, Nate and BPAdmin. The next day I come on, GACKT is a donator, BPA is a donator, and Nate is a donator, so I feel left out and donate.

Then me and Nate explored a cave under his house.

Stuff happens.

Some time later, I found Chestville, what used to be a lovely little village, owned by Goggyiscool and Weezel (I was co-co-mayor or something but I doubt that was official). I made a mad attempt at a Domo-Kun statue, and some of the griefed remains are still there. Raventeeth joins the server, and we give him his first job: Build a pretty fountain. At the time I didn't really like him, he kept trying to take over my statue and build it how he wanted, but we sorted it out.

Stuff happens.

I move into Hyrule. Met broly. Cool. I build on my lot about 2 months after I buy it. Never finished the house. It was just like a stone wall.

Stuff happens

I come on the next day, we are in a temporary server using a planetoid map I absolutely loved. MastaC tells me Broly did what is now known as a broly. I found a diamond planet with GetSomeNuts and we had fun.

Stuff happens.

I buy a house in floatcity or something and go build a wallmart. This was before the shop plugin, or at least I didn't know about it at the time, so I tried hiring people to sell stuff. Of course, I could find nobody. This is around the time Raventeeth starts getting attention with Vegas, but my memory is kinda jumbled here, so I might be wrong.

Stuff happens

I buy a house in Vegas (The poor district of course) and put a giant blob of stone on it. I think this is when all the drama with Cody started, it might have been earlier or later.

This is about as far as I remember. I practically left the server at this point, giving away all my houses and possesions. I would only pop on once in awhile to see how the server is going, and what I saw I didn't like. Eventually I came back, more because of the people than because of missing the server. Instead of returning to a small community where everyone knows everyone, I return to a massive community where you can't see your own chat with all the guests and plugins. It took awhile to get used to, I'm pretty sure this was when I was a hermit outside of Okicity. But get used to it I did, so I'm back now.

Hope I helped.

EDIT: Holy shit, the forums are fucking with my mind. It just like triple posted this because I didn't think it went through, it came up with an error. Sorry about that.
HOLY SHIT HOW COULD U FORGET THE DAYS @ CREATIVE [for the people who where there @ that time}

I remmeber it just like yester day ..

Me and kingkhaloof found *Minetown 24/7 Server Apply for builder ]

I was like ;o

This is interesting i joined found gear & GRIFFF & Drupe messing around with Cody i think doing that big ass bridge made out of bricks <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f609.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=";)">;)</object>

And then i was liek accepted 10 mins after applying <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>!

Moved a little and I met my first friend DUMDUMDUMDUMDUM HELGE !!!! Master of the ROID rage <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>!

After dat when the creative swerver got closed i thought this sevrer died found a sevrer called Bu**ille stayed there until jan after the shutdown of the creative i think in the end of November when the server came back up , i entered i found RichardCatMan + Daniel1995 , i called khaloof ASAP to tell him the server is back up he told me lets donate i told k .. He donated 15 , and i dontated 15 <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>

after dat Daniel said first 15$ for next month gets 1 stack of dia blox I Was like ME I DID he said nop

Then Weezel came and got the price after dat

i remember Cody having the assasincreed skin then Santa Claus then Optimus prime ,

I remember when sawine was a Wanna-Be terrorist

I remember Doing a huuuuge drop party in spawn

i remember when jpk & Broly became admins

i remember when when cody disappeared we where worried about him , We thought he died

I remember sawine leaving the rebels..

I remmeber when i first met golden

I remmeber when i first met MastaC

I remmeber When i first met Jpk i built a Drug Shack <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object> to sell junk xD

I remember Helping mastac clearing his mountain

I remember getting the first Vault , i think

I remmber me + Sawine + broly fighting on top donater , off coarse i won

I remember the day i reached 100$ i was proud of it when i got and now it dosnt worth no shit

i remember when mumble came

i remember "The over use of Text to speach"

I remember oki selling shit at spawn and always getting stolen from

I remember the day sawine met cody in mumble

i witnessed the change to P2P model

I remmeber changin to purple and loved it forever

Behold minetown.
And the legendary "Cody Wood"
im surprised nobody has mentioned omega so i will.

Omega was a mod who pulled a watered down version of a broly during the summer i think (not sure)

Anyways all that i know he did was randomly ban a few random people INCLUDING me and changed his forum name to f*ck minetown.

I thought he was pretty cool when he wasnt pulling a broly but oh well.... people surprise you.

EDIT: Omega was actually an Admin
September

Cody starts the server, originally calling the server minecraftopia

Dr.Darius joins

12th sep, Grifff, Daniel1995 and druper123 joins

13th sep Gearelite, Moooncow joins

14sep, Daniel1995 and Grifff are promoted to admins

15 sep Gear, drupe and moooncow are promoted to admins

Cody buys 2 gigs of ram to solve lag problems (still laggy though)

Cryston joins

Cody rents a $40 server with his own money and commander sparklez donated $20

October

Nothing much happened

Cody installs hmod

Admins get admin stick's

jallaf joins

server reach's 40 members

nether update comes out, everyone swarms around the helgate, nothing happens

November

Server switched from creative to servival new map hosted on dev0lts computer for a while

Factions started

Sawine and Dobs joined, leaving from another server

Sawine introduces craftbook, cody installs it

December

Sawine promoted to admin

Oki joins
Coffeey wrote:
im surprised nobody has mentioned omega so i will.

Omega was a mod who pulled a watered down version of a broly during the summer i think (not sure)

Anyways all that i know he did was randomly ban a few random people INCLUDING me and changed his forum name to f*ck minetown.

I thought he was pretty cool when he wasnt pulling a broly but oh well.... people surprise you.

Not sure if I should tell you of his past, but I guess I will.

When he played, he had a wife and a child. I asked him if he ever regretted it, but he said (not exact, can't remember)

He loved his wife and child, and that he quit drugs and shady groups before settling down.

He's been clean for a couple years.

I wasn't on when he pulled a Broly, and I still don't believe it.

He was a REALLY nice guy.

Glad to see the history coming back together for me.

I remember the admin sticks, and I also remember when we were obsidian griefed/built with obsidian

People mined for hours, not even kidding, in groups to remove all of the obsidian.

A week or so later, Cody added the mod : Admin Stick. This was a mod that created the wooden stick made from 2 planks the ultimate tool of destruction. With the range of how far your arms can reach with a pick, It would delete anything, including netherrack. Removes obsidian so well, we decided to keep it. Until sawine came.. *dun dun dun*

Just kidding, idk when we dropped it, but we did.