Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] MineTown History

Hi guys,

As you all (probably) know, MineTown has been around for awhile. I had he idea that all of us could ontribute some known MT history in this thread (please don't post anything unrelated). When it is all complete, I will compile it together, in the hopes of getting it posted on the wiki.

Okay, so let's start at the very beginning, with CodyHalloway.......
CodyHolloway made a server for his friends. I scrolled down about 10 pages in a minecraft server directory to look for interesting servers. Server name was cody's vanilla SMP or something. So i thought to myself :How gay. I'll log on and see. Cody's on, playing with another guy. (xD) Extreme lag, I rage at the lag. Next day : I play again, lag's still there. A couple days later, Cody decides to make all the players admins. I wasn't included, so I asked "Can I be an admin?" Then he was like :Sure, why not. Then we upgrade, people start donating to help. Less lag. At this point, its still classic. We built the skyboatride (Thumpy and I). All over spawn, was pretty cool. Then a couple of forum polls and arguments later, we switch to a survival server. About half the population of minetown left, but that was about 10 people. So started minetown, and we built spawn and everything. Someone continue.
Then the faction race began. Griff made Western Raiders, I hade Adventure and there was some other one i cant remember. Anyways that was the first few. Then Factions Grew, people started fighting over what faction gets who. Then more Players joined Minetown, more rage for people to join our factions. Then, came the fall of adventure. It was griefed stolen and ultamately destoyed. Chic left the server, so did sgt. taco. Then the other factions grew. Thats all i can remember :3
when i joined way back in december, the faction race was still continuing, always expanding, by this time cryston was about 1/4-1/3 of the way through building his sphere, not much lag, then came the updates, fall of hmod, long wait for bukkit, more updates, always going to a temp server, then we started getting new hardware, around the fall of hmod, cody left us and sawine filled in, first as co-owner, then as onwer, more changes, new admins, broly destruction, loss of a week of work, and thus minetown life rapidly expanded
Mikel, please elaborate. You just rushed through everything. Broly was the best part!
Lol, it's like Genesis.

"First, Cody introduced light."
Great contributions guys!
Oh, didn't read that you were going to compile it.

Make sure that once you're done you post it on forums first.

We'll help proofread/take out personal info like my bridge
Of course. drupe, you may be one of the only people who was around, can you do the story of cody. Leaving, and the story of broly maximum.
Gunna do it in parts so I don't get too caught up in the past lol. (starting with broly)

I was friends with Broly, he was pretty cool.

He donated a ton, think almost 1k.

Back then, no one had that much in the server.

He was one of the cooler dudes, and quickly rose to admin. He had his own town and all.

I think about a month after admin? (verify please) he got bored.

So, one day, he used worldedit to remove chunk after chunk of the world. We did not do saves every 30 mins back then. This is the very reason we have saves so often.

The entire staff was on the whole day, it was Saturday I think.

Will continue story later