Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Appaently Yogcast acted like pricks at minecon, more inside
Started by [E] Grifff

mojyog2.png

Quote taken from a staff member at minecon
wrote:

[quote=So, with this shitstorm of Notch vs. Yogscast, I thought I would weigh in my own opinion on it, such that it is.

I'm not sure that an "f-bomb" is the sole reason for Notch wanting to not work with them anymore. Yogscast was invited as a special guest to MineCon and was even given their own panel. What I assumed, and what I believed that Mojang assumed when they invited them to a panel, was that they would speak for an hour (hour and a half?) about their Youtube videos, podcasts and the like. They would talk about their experiences, making videos, how they got so popular, etc. Instead, what we seemed to get was an hour of them showing videos of popular builds done using Minecraft. A whole team was up on stage and it seemed only Simon/Lewis spoke.

In addition, the entire team acted like a group of self-entitled pricks the entire weekend. I worked as one of the volunteer staff that weekend and they demanded to be let in to the Scrolls/Cobalt play test area before the rest of the crowd was. We allowed them to enter for 5 minutes, as we were trying to keep to a schedule, but they created a big stink when they were asked to leave so the people who paid good money to come to MineCon could play the games too. They acted like they were the Kings of Minecraft simply because they are minor celebrities in the Youtube world.

Adding on to that, they offered to sign things for fans, in the same vein as Mojang did on Friday night. Mojang was highly classy. They talked to fans, signed whatever they wanted, and all of them, despite being exhausted, were always friendly to whatever fan wanted a word with them, even if it was just to send them away. They even signed more for the ones that were cut off in line Friday night on Saturday. Yogscast, on the other hand, passed out tickets to people who wanted an autograph during their own panel! When fans complained that they couldn't get an autograph, their response was along the lines of, "True fans would have skipped the panel to get the autograph."

Finally, on a more personal experience. My friends and I entered the main hall right after the Yogscast panel to get good seats for the closing ceremony. The Styrofoam sign that said "Yogscast" that was slapped over the "Activate Minecraft" sign on the lever on stage during their panel was being removed by the stage manager after their panel, presumably to be thrown away. My friend wanted the sign as a keepsake from MineCon, and the sign was given to her. After the closing ceremony, one of their members hunted us down to get back this sign. She used to be a huge Yogscast fan, but this experience has soured her.

In Short: The Yogscast team didn't appreciate the gesture that was given to them to be invited as a special panel to MineCon and they treated it with almost indifference. They acted like it was Mojang that should be appreciative of them gracing MineCon with their presence. Notch may have blamed the fallout between Mojang and Yogscast on an "f-bomb" in front of kids, but I think it was more than just that. I think that Yogscast wasn't what they were hoping they would be. Mojang should probably have reviewed what Yogscast was going to be like more than they did, but MineCon had many issues like that. It wasn't perfect, and it was a bit sloppy, but I don't think Mojang should suffer all the blame for issues with Yogscast. Just my two cents.]

Divas, as Notch wrote, was the key description. Just like that young boy on Minecraft Monday's. Do we really have to see your FACE to get news about Minecraft?

Or the bukkit plugin developers who only make videos for instructions on using their plugins. Do we really have to hear your unedited thoughts, burps, "hrmmm", "hummmms", etc when plain text would have been just fine and much faster?

I'm 26 and have only seen one yogscast video. Like most things on youtube the target audience suffer from ADHD and/or looks like this:

healthy-lifestyle-for-children.jpg

Its no wonder they are full of themselves. They command the attention of as many youngsters as Justin Bieber and Mickey Mouse.
"Can't we all just get along?" -- Rodney King
i actually love yogscast <3

althought they shouldn't have done that >.> I can't see lewis doing that, but I can kinda see simon
I personly love them but I knew from that {Ventrillo Server not going to be mention} there was some negative talking as they were heavy marketing on it, but they could of been wrong so I shrugged it off. It was in back of my head.

"all good things come to an end" - Unknown
Yogscast was the very reason I started going on multiplayer on minecraft as I first started on their server <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object> Their videos were funny and was good to watch the highlights they showed. Sadly they have become everything I hate in people who become 'popular'. They have become cocky and think far too highly of themselves to think or care about others. Im pretty disappointed in them and I havent watched their channel for a while, after that event it seems I have lost all my respect for them.

Funnily enough this reminds me of the time I worked at a festival, Lady Gaga was going on set but because she didnt get main stage (Foo Fighters were headlining) she had a massive fanny fit and acted like a total cock. Refusing to go on stage until she got main stage. Her family begged her to go on but she was stubborn, eventually they managed to get the dancers to pick her up and take her on stage which she did about a quarter of her set (Constantly using foul language at a family festival) until the bouncers came on and dragged her back off.

One thing I cant stand is people who believe they are much better than anybody else.
imthelag wrote:
...Like most things on youtube the target audience suffer from ADHD...

I watch Yogscast, and I have ADHD. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f613.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":undecided:">:undecided:</object>
imthelag wrote:
Like most things on youtube the target audience suffer from ADHD and/or looks like this:
Take shadow of israphel, It used to be a episode every few days, now its been like months between the episodes, :/ aint big fans of them anymore
Doesn't surprise me; Simon and Lewis are stupid pricks at times, so them pissing Notch off makes sense. No matter how much publicity Minecraft gets because of the Yogscast, they don't have the right to act like asses at a place like Minecon.