Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Server Conversion to 1.0
Started by [E] DimBulb

Sawine is there a projected date for the conversion to the Official Release Version ? Please give us your thoughts on this.

I'm very excited at the entire catalogue of features of 1.0RC2, but as of now its pretty broken IMHO.

I'm sure many are concerned with the overall effect on the gameworld.

Are there any suggestions as to preparation? ... like moving valuables to donator vaults etc.

Just a couple of thoughts ....

Thanks!
Wait what there's a feature list?
Worm, have a look at the official minecraft wiki, in the 1.0 rc2 features list!
Hey,

It should take around a week after the release until we can update the server as we have to wait for bukkit to update and for all our plugins to be updated too.

There are no "warning" or "precautions" to follow for the moment, we will let you know when major changes will occur.

Cya

Sent from iphone
Well we have to wait for Bukkit to release a recommended version for the full release of Minecraft when it comes out. This will probably take a while, since there was a lot added since 1.8, so I'd say it will probably take 1-2 weeks for them to get a recommended build of Bukkit out. Then we have to wait for the core plugins that we use (WorldEdit, WorldGuard, HeroChat, etc.) to update, which will also take some time.

All I can say in preparation is that we will be starting a second big world with a more organized spawn for the full release. We WILL NOT be deleting the old world, rather it won't be the main one. So you really don't need to do anything else except be patient. If Bukkit rushes the update, then the final product will be shit, so just keep playing the game as usual, and then when we decide to update, then you guys can worry about it.
Let me understand this Masta. As of now we need to keep our 1.8 Version of MC (at least a backup) until MT offically goes to 1.0 rc2?
Yes, but we aren't updating to any prerelease stuff; we will have to wait until the full release, since Bukkit wants to wait until the full release to make a version for it.
will we use the same world or will the world be reset because i have just found an awesome area that i want to keep <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
The main world will be kept and we will start a seconds main world alongside it as well. The new world will be using the plugin towny.
Holy shit...

Towny the plugin that i suggested 9001 times but never got accepted ..

Thanks sayomie!