Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Ban Appeal
Started by [E] Rocky28447

Username: DactorChezAkaR27

When you were banned : 9/27/14

Person who banned you: How should I know?

Reason you were banned: "Harrasment (WTF?), language, and staff disrespect (WDF?)"

Sure, I did use foul language after THIS:

cksUJiO.png

But, that was IT.

And staff disrespect? What!? When?
I would also like to point out to anyone who has a hard time believing this, that The_Only_One has been banned before for "Profanity and Disrespect"

http://www.minetown.net/forum/m/672632/viewthread/15198703-my-ban
DactorChez, trying to point fingers isn't going to help your case. You are responsible for what you do.

I was going to let a different moderator handle this, but it seems you're in a hurry so let me jump right in.

Hello There, I am Novaleigh and I will be handling your appeal. Please give me a moment to gather information.
So, to address your ban, you were banned for multiple reasons and I will do my best to fill you in on the various questions you seem to have about them. Along with my questions for each reason.

Harassment - This one is pretty much point and click obvious. You remained on Only's land claim after being told to leave multiple times. You had not only the player, but staff telling you to remove yourself. Not only that but you decided to move one block away from his claim and continue to cause a scene knowing he did not want you there.

Why would you do this? Would it not have been simpler to just leave and talk to 0mega via one of the many Pm systems? Or even just in general?

Language - You admit you used foul language. This alone is breaking one of minetowns rules. Even if egged on you have a choice in what you typed.

Staff Disrespect - This is again, blatantly obvious. You were asked by several of our staff to leave the area and yet you remained, continuing to harass Only. It was to the point I personally was considering moving you myself because you would not leave. I even went as far to warn you if you did not leave at that moment I would move you myself.

None of this behavior is acceptable. Not only that but you yourself have a previous ban for unacceptable harassing behavior.

Explain to me why you should be given another chance to rejoin the server. It wasn't even a month ago that you were temp banned for locking another players doors and luring a zombie to kill them. What have you learned from this ban?

After answering these questions we can move forward with the ban process.
"Explain to me why you should be given another chance to rejoin the server. It wasn't even a month ago that you were temp banned for locking another players doors and luring a zombie to kill them. What have you learned from this ban?"

What!? You've obviously confused me with someone else.

"Staff Disrespect - This is again, blatantly obvious. You were asked by several of our staff to leave the area and yet you remained, continuing to harass Only. It was to the point I personally was considering moving you myself because you would not leave. I even went as far to warn you if you did not leave at that moment I would move you myself."

That's not staff disrespect, staff disrespect would be more along the lines of me saying "Ey yo man fuk u ya slut". All I did was simply walk off of his land, which is what I was told to do. I don't see why you still have a problem with me after I'm off of your land.

"Harassment - This one is pretty much point and click obvious. You remained on Only's land claim after being told to leave multiple times. You had not only the player, but staff telling you to remove yourself. Not only that but you decided to move one block away from his claim and continue to cause a scene knowing he did not want you there."

I don't call that harrasment, I call that compliance. Again, my order was to move off of his land, and I did. My order was not to run 250 blocks away from his land.
I do apologize, It was not you who locked the doors leading to a player's death, you were just being rude to players. Which is basically what you were doing today that brought about this ban.

Disrespecting staff includes not listening to them, which fits this scenario like a glove. More than one Moderator told you to leave, and instead of just going to your own home across the map you went to the outside of his protections and proceeded to put down torches and break them as if to prove you were not on his claim. This is not Elementary school, you do not get time outs for being a smart patootie.

I was there, I watched you. You walked off his land, then returned to it before walking off of it again. That my dear is harassment.

The smart thing to do would have been to remove yourself from the situation but instead you sat there and taunted him from the sidelines.
I went back on to it to run from spiders, which were spawning because there were no torches in the surrounding area. -.-
In that case, don't you think you should have just left? You were clearly not welcomed and decided to stay. You clearly know how to use our whispering system because you were able to whisper him profanities after you removed yourself from the situation.

All of this being said, Why should you be allowed back on the server? What have you learned from this incident?
I have learned to shut my mouth, SIR!

And to never talk to anyone, SIR!

And I will never talk to anyone ever again, SIR!

I shall destroy my relations with everyone on the server, SIR!
Oh, wow. Please do watch your language, we do not allow people to speak as such on this server.

That being said, it seems you have not learned anything from your mistakes. Not only that but you were disrespectful to me even after you were banned for such things.

Moderators don't just go issuing bans at the drop of a hat. I'll have you know at least two people reviewed the chat logs of the event and more than one moderator was online when this went down. I myself was at the location of said event and watched everything unfold.

What would have been a two week ban has just escalated rather quickly. If you decide to come back to the server you are more than welcome to reappeal this ban. I am not setting a length for you ban, but I am using this post to strongly encourage you to do some searching within and hopefully you realize just where you were wrong and immature in all of this.

That being said, for any moderation that may see this I will also recommend that a reappeal not be even looked at/taken seriously for at least three weeks.

This thread is now locked, its pointless if you no longer wish to appeal.