Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] map idea
Started by Unknown User

i was looking at the main world map, and i think a good addition would be to add some way of moving to a place, warp, etc.

a search bar maybe or something like that.
You mean like, when you are looking at the live-map, being able to type /warp and the map will center on it?

I'm all for this but I don't know how feasible it is
that is it

it would be great for this to happen
Towny works with the live maps that minetown has, alought I don't think Minetown uses it, it is a very good plugin with regions, mayors, cities and nations and shades areas of the map in colors of a persons choosing that your talking about. It also works with Chestshop and the economy plugins and would be a great addition to make nations and such stand out more, I think its also mod-free, so people can protect their own regions for money/credits without the mods needing to do /pe.

The live map is based on the region plugins that are on the server and if they can interact with the live map, which I dont think they do as its just worldguard.

It even supports nation war, multiworld and upkeep fees to keep the nation/towns active. However the sad thing is I don't think it works alongside other plugins like worldguard, though some big servers prefer towny over it as it has more features.
hi barny,

its euan. i like the idea. i fined it realy hard to fined were i am on the map. you should take it up with the creators.
We should eventually add some markers on the map.

Also we are planning to get Towny on the new 1.9 world. (And for those that could still wonder; no the current world wont be wiped on 1.9, it will be run aside.)
Ok, so the main world now will be like a side world and I will have to start all over again?

That don't sound too good!
sawine wrote:
...Also we are planning to get Towny on the new 1.9 world...

Towny? Is that a mod or something?
BARNEY626 wrote:
Ok, so the main world now will be like a side world and I will have to start all over again?

That don't sound too good!

No.

Before everyone panic again for this for the x time, there will be 2 main worlds.

We still have to see how things will go with 1.9 but it's 100% sure that the current world will remain in place.
So is the 1.9 world just to explore 1.9

And the main world will stay as 1.8

For now