Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Top of nether rule
Started by [E] dteandy

I see no problem with going to the top of the nether and I see no problem not going up there, I for one think we should be able too.
If you /j onto the top of the nether, you can use /back to go back to the spot you were last at, instead of having to go all the way back <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

Elite's helpful tip of the day
On top of bedrock in the nether means a significantly reduce mob population. Mobs do not spawn on top side of bedrock in the nether. This allows for all types of mob farm manipulation as well. An even more efficient version of gold farms could be made. Wither skeleton farms become significantly easier to make. There are probably other applications that i cant think of right now.
The Nether is lawless, it is most definitely the kind of place I would not think of when I think of making a mob spawner....or any sort of farm for that matter. The whole point of the nether is to be lawless and griefable, not some super secret place for a select few to create horrid farms.

I kinda have to agree with what Cache said on the clarification of rules thread.

We don't need more versions of 'efficient' gold farms, gold farms have already killed the price of gold on the server. The ones we have in the over world seem more than efficient enough.
The Nether is lawless, wrote:

yet we are arguing laws over a land specified as lawless. Others who have built up there are accepted but certain people are not allowed. This leads to more member confusion than clarity.
for a select few to create horrid farms wrote:

While some do not create farms, others do, it is a part of minecraft like it or not. As far as farms being horrid, this is simply a matter of opinion, that most members and staff will disagree with. Most staff and committed members do use "farms" on different levels.

Personally I understand Dte's concern with what is a rule? There have been many occasions we have copy and pasted the 'rules' into a discussion to be informed we are wrong and the specific quote is not in the rules at all.

Having been through this issue on many topics has been frustrating. As a player I just want a clear defined set of rules, that apply to staff and members and that all staff understands and agrees on (or if they can not agree they can at least acknowledge)
gold farms have already killed the price of gold on the server wrote:

There is actually a great deal of communication among members and many staff to keep the economy healthy on this server. Gold is easy to find and easy to mine so it is not of ant extreme value regardless of farming.
You know, you could have just quoted my name. Made it hard to realize you had single-handedly picked apart my post. Instead of just grabbing a fragment of my sentence why not address the whole thing? That entire rant you put up there is only part of a sentence.

For one, I said I had no idea why someone would want to make a farm/spawner where it is lawless. Someone can come by, destroy your hard work and there is absolutely nothing that can be done about it, merely sucks to be you.

As for the "For a select few to create horrid farms", I was attempting to address the complaint that if it was changed from bedrock to netherrack it would effect the mob spawning and thus change how a mob farm/spawner would work up there. I understand that everyone has different views on spawners, but just like you are allowed to support them, I am allowed to think they aren't exactly part of a survival server.

If you look, Modern was kind enough to clarify most of our big topics that seem to be debate-able in a thread, even being so kind as to leave it open to members to discuss whether or not they would want to build atop of the nether with the changes staff has agreed upon. We could have just said "Welp, we're gonna keep everybody out" or "Welp, the bedrocks' going to netherrack." Instead she has opened it for conversation in an attempt to make everyone happy (or as many people as possible).

Gold farms may be 'regulated' to some degree, but gold prices would not be as low as they are without those farms. Everyone and their mother wouldn't have super beacons with gold blocks if we did not have gold farms. It has impacted the economy of the server. I was also implying that since we have efficient gold farms on the overworld (judging by the amount of gold and the fact even you have stated gold is pretty common on the server) then there is no need to have a specific bedrock area for a more efficient farm, the ones we have seem to be working wonderfully.

Rules are going to be forever changing and growing as more and more people try to find loopholes around the rules we have. We have a general rule of "be respectful" and people want to argue that just because they are not being disrespectful they are respecting another player, when they clearly aren't. (Especially judging by the fact three or four staff have told them to stop at this point).

There is a strict rule to keep chat clean of explicit language, and yet it still spills out into general and is allowed in ally chat. Spamming happens on the server and yet members want to argue when you tell them to stop, that what they are doing isn't 'spam' even though its clearly a can of spam.

Crap happens, rules will change and I believe minetown is doing its best to accommodate members with what they want. We've been discussing the rules that modern just posted in the policy change for awhile now, trying to come to an agreement on what is fair and what is over the line. Just like all members do not agree with something that is said staff has different views on everything and we have to work to come to an agreement.

Once an issue presents itself we're not going to have a rule against it over night, the issue has to be weighted (Is it even worth making a rule or do we continue to just politely ask players to not do said offense?), then it has to be discussed (Okay, if we make it a rule, and a player violates said rules, what sorts of punishment should be the go to for breaking said rule?) Then finally we implement it (As you can see by moderns post on the forums.)

This is a rule on the rule page "Take note of official announcements/warnings by staff members. These are given in the interest of providing quality member experience." If you notice, it says to take note of announcements/warnings by staff members. This includes warnings (IE: The next person to speak a foreign language in general after I have asked you to stop will be muted). If you believe the warning to be an abuse of power try actually talking to the staff member. Most of us are approachable as long as you are polite and respectful (Again, another rule on the board) If you are met with disrespect and you have been respectful then screen shot it, report the staff using the Report Staff feature.
LOL. i was infavor of not allowing ppl to build up there...
TL;DR, Just be respectful, and simply, dont be a jackass

P.S, Lets keep the conversation directed towards the OP, please
Wow the only thing I can apologize for is not using your name. I will learn how to use the quote feature better. I do wish you had quoted me, because you said the opposite of what I stated on multiple things.

Most of your post went in all directions and I have no desire to go through a nitpicking fight over everything you find wrong with me personally whether true or not. I was just pointing out my views on what u had actually stated.

The point of my post was mainly to stand up for members and them being able to have opinions. What I got in response proved otherwise.

And Crispy I know, and actually agree <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>
Getting back to the original topic.

I think that, if the nether is made accessible to all (by converting the ceiling to netherrack as Modern suggested) it would open up building up there and possible shenanigans. It would bring back a bit of the 'pvp' aspect that Agharta doesnt' really have a whole lot of. Granted, areas like the East9k where there are more players are more likely to have player run ins. I personally feel that keeping it bedrock creates a "safe" place within the nether, which just feels wrong. The nether is supposed to be terrifying and scary. You should be watching your back for players and ghasts. You should be terrified of what could be around every corner.

Having a safe nook way up in the sky where very few people could find you...just seems like its cheating <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>