Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Top of nether rule
Started by [E] dteandy

My 2 cents, I believe people should be able to wander around, and/or build things that do not benifit them in any way, perhaps a giant smiley face, etc.
Oh my Gosh, really? Who cares! If Dteandy wants to go play on the ceiling in the nether that's great! If that is how he enjoys playing minecraft let him, it doesn't give him an unfair advantage in this 'economy'. This economy is very healthy, there isn't just one superstore that stocks everything, and that's a good thing, it's a sign of a healthy economy. The mass appeal of MINECRAFT is that you can enjoy this game in so many different ways! Novaleigh you like to play minecraft for a reason, right? So does Modern Dragoness, Elite Catalyst, Dteandy, JessicaRabit, and I, for that matter everyone on the server. I guarantee that my way of playing is not the exact same as yours or anyone else's, and that's a good thing. This thread that you have personally turned into an argument had a valid Question that has brought this issue to the forefront. Modern has posted a thread that is open to staff and member comments, which is great for her to have voiced her opinion, and left it open for discussion, although I think this thread is doing that very thing. But really we should be PLAYING minecraft, so let us allow each other to PLAY.
Sorry, I thought this thread was to discuss the whole building atop the nether thing. Next time I'll just keep my opinion out of things.
i dont think it was a personal stab at you, though from what i am reading you think every thing is against you but back on track........if the top bedrock was changed to netherrack, it would allowed for spawning mobs again. it would be the players fault for building something and it gets griefed. Also from the other post by Dragon, did open up to the public for discussion, which is what I see this poll being about, if the majority agrees that it should be opened up above the nether, then its down to Dragoness to finally decide. And for those that dont get THEIR way, i am sorry.
Sweet we are back to original thread, on that I was against it till sceva so eloquently put it
Who cares! If Dteandy wants to go play on the ceiling in the nether that's great! If that is how he enjoys playing minecraft let him, wrote:

So Dte I have now voted in favor of you bouncing around whereever an enderpearl will take u.

On that note build with obby so I can personally grief you <3

Also I do not know where changing the bedrock came into play, but since that is not part of the original poll I would say no. Leave it the way it is, there are already multiple builds up there.
@8928915 wrote:

Also I do not know where changing the bedrock came into play, but since that is not part of the original poll I would say no. Leave it the way it is, there are already multiple builds up there.

Just my quick thoughts on this, but the whole point of changing the bedrock would be to make access to the nether fair to all players(for those that dont have /j or the enderpearls available to spam up there). Either way, changed to netherrack or not, the nether is a lawless zone. So, in turn, either way, the builds up there could be greifed. That said, I do approve of having access to the top of the nether... because there isnt really a reason not to go up there.
I probably wouldn't bother going above the nether, since the nether is creepy enough for me x3. But if everyone would still abide by the rules enforced on Minetown, i don't see a reason to deprive the curious of a new area to explore. On the bright side, i am seeing a little potential in opening that area up :3 .

Bammy's Ideas -

a) Have Halloween events up there this coming October ( Mischyyyyy! )

b) Encourage open PvP in the area

c) A new testbed area for the Build Team maybe? ( maybe )

All in all, the power resides with Modern and the rest of the staff. We could give it go, test the water. Should the community abuse it and give the mods a reason to close access to the top of the nether, well then, the jokes on us.
@9080190 wrote:
I am dong

LOL Dt XD

Angel's fortune cookie of the day - " It is better to have one cupcake, then to have never had one at all"

*wiggle wiggle wiggle*